closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 114 of 114 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114
Results 5,651 to 5,688 of 5688

Thread: Premier League 2023-24

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sevvy View Post
    Seriously, just give it a rest, the pair of you. This constant sniping and arguing just ruins this thread over and over.
    This - well said.

z

Master
    Ok, sorry lads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    my wife’s family are all Arsenal so if we lose tonight at least I can be happy, through gritted teeth, for them.

Our record away to Spurs is woeful so I’m looking forward to tonight as much as a trip to the dentist

The absolute most Spursy thing would be for Villa to lose tonight (on track thanks to special agent Martinez), Spurs to beat City and then lose at Sheff Utd!
    LOLZ. Spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    LOLZ. Spot on.
    Tonight's a win-win for you! Well, unless it's a lose-lose. Anyway, if it's any consolation I for one hope you don't win...
    "A man of little significance"

Spurs playing well. No chucking this game from them so far.

The only disappointing performance from a Spurs point of view so far has been the crowd.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Halitosis View Post
    The only disappointing performance from a Spurs point of view so far has been the crowd.
    They are very nervous that spurs might score!

What a dreadful game this has been so far. Villa half an hour away from the Champions League though. Come on you Manc beauties, couple more please to settle my nerves.

Lovely tackle from that nice Mr Romero. Not a thug at all.

Not a foul or a booking. He had every right to go for that ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Space Traveller View Post
    Lovely tackle from that nice Mr Romero. Not a thug at all.

BBC website wrote this...
    "Pep Guardiola had been fearing the worst and had flung himself to the ground"
    Knobber.😂😂😂

Of course the spurs fans start cheering their team on when they go 2-0 down

Sums up the pathetic club perfectly

Quote Originally Posted by j17ykp View Post
    Of course the spurs fans start cheering their team on when they go 2-0 down

Sums up the pathetic club perfectly
    Yep.

They're cheering the inevitable departure of their best players who want to play in the CL.

That being said Spurs did OK tonight- if Son had scored well you never know.

17th and only out of the relegation zone on points difference when Emery took over, a season and a half later and mostly with the same squad (albeit ravaged by injury) he's taken Villa into the Champions League. Not bad at all.

Yep.

They're cheering the inevitable departure of their best players who want to play in the CL.

Small time club, imagine celebrating a loss ffs 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    17th and only out of the relegation zone on points difference when Emery took over, a season and a half later and mostly with the same squad (albeit ravaged by injury) he's taken Villa into the Champions League. Not bad at all.
    Fantastic acheivement, hopefully means he will keep some players and get the backing to improve next season.

Yep.

Spurs took it to City and it was never comfortable until that second goal went in. Different game after that.

Congrats to Villa. If there’s any justice Emery should get manager of the season.

Bags of money and inflated sponsorships scraped it .
    Special mention to Spurs players leaving one in time and time again . Foden and de Bruyne on the wrong end of some very dodgy challenges .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    Unbelievable achievement! Emery is a certified chuffing genius. After we lost the opening game 5-1 to Newcastle I have to admit I didn't think we'd be where we are now, and I honestly thought the injury list would get the better of us towards the end.

Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Bags of money and inflated sponsorships scraped it .
    Special mention to Spurs players leaving one in time and time again . Foden and de Bruyne on the wrong end of some very dodgy challenges .

And Ederson!

Set up for a Moyes masterclass

Go on David put yourself in the shop window !

😂

And Ederson!
    Romero is an animal but that wasn’t a bad tackle . It’s more the late drags down the Achilles or the ankle . The little shoves after the ball has gone when the player is off balance .

Anyway .
    On to Sunday .
    Everton will smash Arsenal .

Postecoglou has gone full Conte and criticised the mentality of the club and its fans!

Unbelievable achievement! Emery is a certified chuffing genius. After we lost the opening game 5-1 to Newcastle I have to admit I didn't think we'd be where we are now, and I honestly thought the injury list would get the better of us towards the end.
    Yep a fantastic achievement, will be able to push on now and attract some more elite players. Certainly a drastic contrast to the Gerrard days!

Genius...nah, BTEC Claudio Ranieri!

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk
    Last edited by xxnick1975; Yesterday at 22:48.

Quote Originally Posted by j17ykp View Post
    Set up for a Moyes masterclass

Go on David put yourself in the shop window !

He’ll be delighted with 3-0 given our woeful record against City.

Then it’s P45 ahoy.

I wonder what many Spurs fans must feel watching a large contingent of their support cheer on City? What about current Spurs players or prospective Spurs players. We've just seen Ange kick off at the club's mentality, plus a twitter video is circulating of him berating some Tottenham fans. Van der Ven has come out saying he was ashamed of the atmosphere. Not a good look for prospective signings.

I think on the pitch Spurs put up a good effort so they didn't throw that game. But I reckon the actions of many Spurs fans will have tarnished that club and its perception elsewhere for years. Small time indeed.

Still, they've got some NFL games and a Beyonce concert to look forward to at their 'Best Stadium in Europe'. Every cloud.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Well done to Villa, great season for them.

One particularly arsey poster here referring to Villa fans as ‘getting a bit mouthy’ recently makes it particularly satisfying to see.

At times throughout yesterday I couldn't believe what I was hearing. If ever a club and its fans showed they're inferior in every way to their local rivals it was Spurs this week. I've never seen fans wanting their team to lose, ever. The atmosphere in the ground was terrible, at least from what I could see and hear on TV, and the loudest song of the night being "Are you watching Arsenal?" at 0-2 was just embarrassing.

I wonder what many Spurs fans must feel watching a large contingent of their support cheer on City? What about current Spurs players or prospective Spurs players. We've just seen Ange kick off at the club's mentality, plus a twitter video is circulating of him berating some Tottenham fans. Van der Ven has come out saying he was ashamed of the atmosphere. Not a good look for prospective signings.

I think on the pitch Spurs put up a good effort so they didn't throw that game. But I reckon the actions of many Spurs fans will have tarnished that club and its perception elsewhere for years. Small time indeed.

Still, they've got some NFL games and a Beyonce concert to look forward to at their 'Best Stadium in Europe'. Every cloud.

Well done to Villa. Enjoy every minute of your Champions League experience.

Quote Originally Posted by thenikjones View Post
    Well done to Villa, great season for them.

One particularly arsey poster here referring to Villa fans as ‘getting a bit mouthy’ recently makes it particularly satisfying to see.

We will indeed, thanks. We need a mix of getting our injured players fit and a good transfer window. In Super Unai Emery we trust.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

All a bit of a non story for me drummed up by the medias need for 24/7 content. Normal ironic, gallows fan humour is all it is.

Van de Ven should reserve his shame for his mate Pedro Porridge giving away a mindless pen, and for that matter, himself when Gordon put him on his arse in the Newcastle farce.

New players care about the manager, their opportunities and the cash. This game won't have any impact on future signings, let alone for years to come!

Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Whichever way this goes , City have far exceeded my expectations this season . After last seasons exertions , to still be there at the business end of the campaign is breathtaking .
    The smallest squad in the PL and having lost a number of experienced pros would usually mean a tough long haul and not much chance of silverware but here we are .
    Chequebook Pep and his mercenaries have overachieved this year .

I can only hope you said this in gest, but maybe not. City not winning the CL is a huge failure, with the money spent city need to be winning the CL more than once in 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by xxnick1975 View Post

Van de Ven should reserve his shame for his mate Pedro Porridge giving away a mindless pen,

He’s simply trying to force his move away from that small time shower

He’s too good for them- Hojbjerg is there level in fact I’d say he is the most accurate representation of them as a club - runs around and adds the square root of sod all to football in general.

Quote Originally Posted by NikGixer750 View Post
    I can only hope you said this in gest, but maybe not. City not winning the CL is a huge failure, with the money spent city need to be winning the CL more than once in 10 years.
    With all the money they've spent they haven't even been champions of Europe as many times as Nottingham Forrest.

Quote Originally Posted by NikGixer750 View Post
    Huge failure .
    Madrid showed as much attacking intent as the Gooners when you pitched up at the Etihad , playing for penalties against likkle Citeh .
    It’s a cup competition. This is what happens when.