closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 12 of 113 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Premier League 2023-24

I’ve not seen that rumour but he’s a top talent.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Seems like Arsenal are making up for time wasted by forking out another £77m for Aurelien Tchouamemi from Real Madrid

Did I dream it or did I read a few weeks back that Gerard had been approached by a Middle Eastern club to manage them and he'd knobbed off the idea saying he'd prefer waiting and working over here ?

Seems he's changed his mind perhaps...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65889461

Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post
    Did I dream it or did I read a few weeks back that Gerard had been approached by a Middle Eastern club to manage them and he'd knobbed off the idea saying he'd prefer waiting and working over here ?

Seems he's changed his mind perhaps...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65889461
    Money dear boy, money…

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    I’ve not seen that rumour but he’s a top talent.
    It's hitting the Spanish press currently

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Money dear boy, money…
    Oh I get that Ken but I'm sure/not sure if I did/didn't read that he wasn't keen on the idea. Any info there ?

Oh I get that Ken but I'm sure/not sure if I did/didn't read that he wasn't keen on the idea. Any info there ?
    He apparently did go out to SA and after talks turned the offer down. Several days of silence and he suddenly accepts. One can only assume they upped his financial package.

He should have stayed at Rangers and built a bit of a reputation. Both him and Lamps try to run before they can walk and it all goes tits up.

He should maybe take over at Leicester for example and bring them back up, that would restore his reputation.

Taking a job in SA is just lining his pockets and nothing else, it won’t impress any of the top clubs in the future. He will end up on BT sports as a pundit again in a couple of years.

Rumour was he left Rangers to be closer to family. Didnt realise Dammam Saudi Arabia was so close to Formby (suppose they are both close to the beach, wonder if there is a squirrel forest over there?)

He will end up on BT sports as a pundit again in a couple of years.
    Aye, probably

Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    Rumour was he left Rangers to be closer to family. Didnt realise Dammam Saudi Arabia was so close to Formby (suppose they are both close to the beach, wonder if there is a squirrel forest over there?)
    He has arrived !!!

Will need to be careful if he wants to go out on the piss and get into fights. Perfectly acceptable in Southport, but less so in SA.

Not quite premier league news but interesting non the less. Jota (the other one not the Liverpool one) from Celtic has signed for Saudi club al-Ittihad for 20-25m (Depending on who is running the story) Interesting in that the manager is ex Wolves and Spurs manager Nuno (who is Portuguese like Jota) Neves is also playing for a Saudi club both players sort of contradict the idea that players are just going over there at the end of their careers and considering the Saudi national team have in the past played some decent football in World Cups it could see a significant increase in the quality of their own players.

Will be interesting if this takes off over the next few years if they start looking at the market in places like Turkey and North Africa.

Not quite premier league news but interesting non the less. Jota (the other one not the Liverpool one) from Celtic has signed for Saudi club al-Ittihad for 20-25m (Depending on who is running the story) Interesting in that the manager is ex Wolves and Spurs manager Nuno (who is Portuguese like Jota) Neves is also playing for a Saudi club both players sort of contradict the idea that players are just going over there at the end of their careers and considering the Saudi national team have in the past played some decent football in World Cups it could see a significant increase in the quality of their own players.

Will be interesting if this takes off over the next few years if they start looking at the market in places like Turkey and North Africa.
    I'm assuming Saudi FFP rules are something like 'thou shalt spend no more than 1 trillion dollars per season'

I'm assuming Saudi FFP rules are something like 'thou shalt spend no more than 1 trillion dollars per season'
    Because European clubs never overspend on players...

Remind me again, how much have Arsenal offered for Rice?

Master

PMSL

Only a smidge more than the full cost with add-ons that Liverpool paid for Darwin Nunez ;)

Anyway, enough of this childish who’s club is best and pure and who’s bought the best summer signing.

It’s FPL time again soon with some of the new player prices released yesterday.

Haaland not surprisingly increased to a record £14M.

Son dropped down £3M after a very patchy season.

Trippier no longer a bargain points scorer in defence at £6.50M.

Bruno Fernandes and Odegaard also have big price changes after contrasting seasons.

More to come later this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arsenal submitted a 100m Euro offer for Tchouameni having had an 85m offer turned down by Madrid.

Where the heck have we got this money from? Down the back of Kroenke's sofa?

Nunez is 85m including add-ons, the offer for Rice is 105m including add-ons

Just a 20m smidge
    Inflation innit

Looks like City are trying to retain the net spend trophy .
    £10 million off Spurs for Porro and it looks like Burnley will be taking Academy player James Trafford for £19 million .
    This kid will be Ingurland keeper within 5 years . He’s that good .

Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Looks like City are trying to retain the net spend trophy .
    £10 million off Sporting for Porro and it looks like Burnley will be taking Academy player James Trafford for £19 million .
    This kid will be Ingurland keeper within 5 years . He’s that good .
    FTFY

Quote Originally Posted by murkeywaters View Post
    Top 4 will be super tight next season and I don't think Man City will have it easy, its really hard to keep that motivation and push following on from such a great season although Pep will demand it, losing some top class players will hurt plus I think other clubs will suss out how to limit Haaland.

Man Utd, Chelsea, Tottenham, Liverpool, Arsenal will all improve in this transfer window plus a couple of new interesting managers, all of them will be looking for top 4 and several will demand a trophy, add in lots of lower clubs are well capable of taking points off any of them and it looks to be shaping up to a very interesting season.
    I'm a typical one-eyed football fan, but I think Villa are in for a very good season. I think we were third in the form table since Emery took over, and that was with him only buying one player of his own in Moreno at left back. We've already added Tielemans in midfield and Pau Torres in defence, and have been linked with numerous decent forward players. If we can get improvements for the distinctly underhwelming Leon Bailey and Emi Buendia we'll be set for a crack at the top 6.

Where's Ryan with the updates? Mount deal done.

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Have Everton even realised that the transfer window is actually open. If nothing else a chance to sell some shit and raise some cash, a bit like SC really

Quote Originally Posted by xxnick1975 View Post
    Where's Ryan with the updates? Mount deal done.

Rice and Timber both done subject to medicals.

Have Everton even realised that the transfer window is actually open. If nothing else a chance to sell some shit and raise some cash, a bit like SC really
    They might be better off trying to sell the Doctor Who bubble bath to be fair .

Master
    Looks like Onana to Man Utd also gaining traction with an initial bid made this week.

https://twitter.com/AfcBanks_/status...14602908291074

It’s started already .
    This you Ryan ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Whoever it is, it’s complete pony. The blinkers are already on and he hasn’t even signed yet 🤣

It’s started already .
    This you Ryan ?

Quote Originally Posted by Space Traveller View Post
    I'm a typical one-eyed football fan, but I think Villa are in for a very good season. I think we were third in the form table since Emery took over, and that was with him only buying one player of his own in Moreno at left back. We've already added Tielemans in midfield and Pau Torres in defence, and have been linked with numerous decent forward players. If we can get improvements for the distinctly underhwelming Leon Bailey and Emi Buendia we'll be set for a crack at the top 6.
    It's interesting seeing who Villa are linked with, and I appreciate a lot of the rumours are made up. We're very short on attacking talent and despite the owners having a LOT of money and ambition, a plan to keep building and a world class manager, the lack of Champions League football seems to be the main reason to not come to the club. There was a lot of talk in 2021 about Julien Alvarez from River Plate, now at Man City. Nicolas Jackson is now at Chelsea. Nico Williams, Federico Chiesa and Marco Asensio have apparently all turned down an invitation to move this summer. Ferran Torres is still being linked, but who knows. Had we had Emory from the start of the season it might have been a different outcome and Villa could be in the position Newcastle are in now, It'll be interesting to see who comes in now but if the Europa Conference League doesn't distract us too much, I think you're right about the top six.
    "A man of little significance"

Master
    Whoever it is, it’s complete pony. The blinkers are already on and he hasn’t even signed yet 藍
    Apparently Arsenal wanting to use Nectar points for part of the payment is the only stumbling block

It’s started already .
    This you Ryan ?

Oh good grief I hope that is a spoof account/ done to create clicks and responses rather than their "no bias" deeply researched colour dot evidence based belief...

Ryan is at SoToNmyArse on Twitter ;)

Is Rice coming to Arsenal? I wish there was some coverage on this closely guarded secrets only you insiders know about

Master
    Nunez is 85m including add-ons, the offer for Rice is 105m including add-ons

Just a 20m smidge
    Or 64m before (performance related) add-ons vs 100m.

Nicely pumped up by Man City as well during the negotiations.

Maybe Arsenal are this years Chelsea.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    It's interesting seeing who Villa are linked with, and I appreciate a lot of the rumours are made up. We're very short on attacking talent and despite the owners having a LOT of money and ambition, a plan to keep building and a world class manager, the lack of Champions League football seems to be the main reason to not come to the club. There was a lot of talk in 2021 about Julien Alvarez from River Plate, now at Man City. Nicolas Jackson is now at Chelsea. Nico Williams, Federico Chiesa and Marco Asensio have apparently all turned down an invitation to move this summer. Ferran Torres is still being linked, but who knows. Had we had Emory from the start of the season it might have been a different outcome and Villa could be in the position Newcastle are in now, It'll be interesting to see who comes in now but if the Europa Conference League doesn't distract us too much, I think you're right about the top six.
    Ferran Torres has got a distinctly average record, so I'm not arsed about him. I think somebody like Johnson from Forest would be a good shout, as would another raid on Lestah for Harvey Barnes. A couple of attacking players like that and I think we're good to go, plus I really want to see Cameron Archer given a chance next season, that lad is going to be brilliant.

Ferran Torres has got a distinctly average record, so I'm not arsed about him. I think somebody like Johnson from Forest would be a good shout, as would another raid on Lestah for Harvey Barnes. A couple of attacking players like that and I think we're good to go, plus I really want to see Cameron Archer given a chance next season, that lad is going to be brilliant.
    Not many people would have thought Villa would end up where they did after Gerrard's start and his purchase of Moreno was a masterstroke so I'm happy to see who Emory brings in. Archer and Ramsey (Aaron) are certainly two excellent players to look forward to.
    "A man of little significance"

Quote Originally Posted by PhilT View Post
    Or 64m before (performance related) add-ons vs 100m.

So £64 million then ? :)

It’s started already .
    This you Ryan ?

Not me and FWIW they are different types of players and Rodri is the best in the world in his position, no question. Rice had real leadership qualities though (a likely future England captain) and maybe if we'd had Rice in the games we threw away 2-0 leads at Anfield and West Ham then maybe we don't draw those games. Who knows.

What I'm still trying to figure out is whether Rice and Havertz as a duo are better than Partey and Xhaka. Have we spent £170m for potentially a lower quality midfield pairing - remember that Partey was terrific until the last month of the season.

Master
    Not me and FWIW they are different types of players and Rodri is the best in the world in his position, no question. Rice had real leadership qualities though (a likely future England captain) and maybe if we'd had Rice in the games we threw away 2-0 leads at Anfield and West Ham then maybe we don't draw those games. Who knows.

What I'm still trying to figure out is whether Rice and Havertz as a duo are better than Partey and Xhaka. Have we spent £170m for potentially a lower quality midfield pairing - remember that Partey was terrific until the last month of the season.
    Valid point and one that fans of the club and others have had cross their mind.

Xhaka gone official. Havertz stats aren't far off Xhakas from last season, same goals but less assists for Havertz but given most of the team couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo last year that's probably be expected- I've a weirdly positive vibe about him (therefore will get injured in pre-season and spend the first half of it with his arse in a sling). I'm hoping Partey stays so Rice doesn't have to pull a Saka/ Saliba and play every second they are fit, and for all the Saliba chat I think Partey rotation was the trial that didn't pay off. We need to have more players in the squad of similar quality otherwise we haven't learnt anything from last season.

Saliba and Reiss both have signed new deals 4+1 (the later is "official" on arse.con)
    Last edited by Chicken Pox; 6th July 2023 at 20:16.

Master
    Ferran Torres has got a distinctly average record.
    From memory, he looked really good in his brief stint in Manchester but that must have been an aberration as Barcelona prepared to offload for less than his €1 billion buy out!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Pox View Post
    Xhaka gone official.
    £21m looks like a very good deal for Arsenal.

Is it Pat Rice being compared?

Xhaka has left Arsenal, seems a strange decision. He had his best season last year - scored well and was playing great football, as an added bonus he seemed to finally not get booked every match. I know Rice is coming in but we really lack strength and depth in CM, for 21mil I would have just kept him!

Unless of course he really wanted to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by NikGixer750 View Post
    Xhaka has left Arsenal, seems a strange decision. He had his best season last year - scored well and was playing great football, as an added bonus he seemed to finally not get booked every match. I know Rice is coming in but we really lack strength and depth in CM, for 21mil I would have just kept him!

Unless of course he really wanted to leave.
    He's 30 and Leverkusen offered him a 5 year contract so I suspect that played a big part

Everton looking to sell Simms to Coventry for 10m. They are apparently looking at a forward in Spain to bring in.

Thought they would be getting rid of some of their big earners and promoting youth players but it seems to be the opposite.

Master
    Everton looking to sell Simms to Coventry for 10m
    After over-performing last season, we literally have 13 first team players that are fit at the moment so if Gyokores goes to Sporting, they will need to have a replacement to sign at the same time or every club in the league will hold the sky blues to ransom knowing we have no players and money to re-cycle!

First home game versus Toon has been moved to 8pm on a Saturday night !!!!
    No thought whatsoever for matchgoing fans .

Sky aren’t remotely interested in match going fans, never have been.

First home game versus Toon has been moved to 8pm on a Saturday night !!!!
    No thought whatsoever for matchgoing fans .

Sky aren’t remotely interested in match going fans, never have been.
    I get that , but an 8 pm kick off is weird for a weekend . It’ll be interesting to see last train times etc for the travelling hordes.
    Not that it matters but it’s TNT (or the old BT Sport) that are filming this one .
    Looking forward to seeing how Tonali and Bruno work together. I think the Italian is the signing of the summer so far .

I get that , but an 8 pm kick off is weird for a weekend . It’ll be interesting to see last train times etc for the travelling hordes.
    Not that it matters but it’s TNT (or the old BT Sport) that are filming this one .
    Looking forward to seeing how Tonali and Bruno work together. I think the Italian is the signing of the summer so far .
    Tonali is excellent but IMHO McAllister is the signing of the season so far. Arsenal's best 'signings' have been Saliba, Martinelli and Saka signing long term deals to keep that foundation of top class young players.