closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 13 of 113 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: Premier League 2023-24

James Trafford…… Wow…

Quote Originally Posted by Bluemoon7 View Post
    James Trafford…… Wow…
    1st save was decent but the follow up save, and having the awareness to make himself ready for it was incredible!

What a result. Horrible game. Was it really a pen?

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by xxnick1975 View Post
    What a result. Horrible game. Was it really a pen?

Think it was probably a pen, if it was us and we didnt get it we would feel hard done by. Tough game but one thats typical of finals these days and thought we come through it really well.

No pen, but great save.

Well done England.

Finals are for winning, not for playing. Horrible game but European champions 👍🏻

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Finals are for winning, not for playing. Horrible game but European champions ðŸ‘ðŸ»
    You love that quote!

Haha, I do, because it’s true!

Quote Originally Posted by xxnick1975 View Post
    You love that quote!

Kylian Mbappe has come out this evening saying that if he was to move to the PL it would be Arsenal as he likes the evolution of Arteta's team and would relish the challenge of winning the prem. Strange he says this now.

Watch this space!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Kylian Mbappe has come out this evening saying that if he was to move to the PL it would be Arsenal as he likes the evolution of Arteta's team and would relish the challenge of winning the prem. Strange he says this now.

Watch this space!
    I think Mbappe would be amazing for Arsenal
    Hope it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    I think Mbappe would be amazing for Arsenal
    Hope it happens.
    I'm pretty sure it will be Real Madrid. That club trumps all others when it comes to allure. Plus we I don't think would pay his £600k a week wages.

But his idol is Thierry Henry.

Kylian Mbappe has come out this evening saying that if he was to move to the PL it would be Arsenal as he likes the money Arsenal are overpaying for their team and would relish the challenge of rinsing the prem. Strange he says this now.

Watch this space!
    FTFY

Master

Watch this space!
    That was in yesterday’s newspapers. Last week it was Liverpool.

He’d have more chance of winning the PL with Real Madrid than Arsenal tbf.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilT View Post
    That was in yesterday’s newspapers. Last week it was Liverpool.

He’d have more chance of winning the PL with Real Madrid than Arsenal tbf.
    I'm pretty confident Arsenal will win the PL within the next few years TBH. City are still in their cycle but they'll have some world class players start to wane soon De Bruyne plus losing Gundogan, probably Silva and I think teams are figuring out how to defend against Haaland. Guardiola will be off in a couple of years also. It is amusing seeing Liverpool fans start to flake out about Arsenal and I think it's because Arsenal have come from nowhere to now be the defacto main challengers to City and maybe that irks Reds fans who view that as their right?

I think with Arsenal's transfer activity, as it stands they have increased the gap between them, Man Utd, Newcastle etc. In theory they've increased the gap between Liverpool also but the only difference is Liverpool have so many levels to go up with their existing squad that underperformed last year. How much Arsenal have closed the gap on City is hard to tell and of course for all teams the transfer window remains open so let's see.

But Arsenal are here to stay, they aren't going anywhere, they've signed their best young players to long term deals and have added quality to the squad. The club is going for it.

Think about it logically. Take City out of the equation as I think there are only 2 positions where Arsenal have the undisputed better player in that position vs City but take Liverpool, Man Utd and Newcastle, combine the squads and then tell me of that new combined squad how many are undisputably better than what Arsenal already have in that position. Not many I'd say. Salah, possibly Rashford. You can argue the toss with Allison vs Ramsdale. Not a single Newcastle player gets in as undisputably better. Add Spurs to the mix and Kane walks into that side of course. But Arsenal have built that, the team is going into a cycle and I'm personally very excited to see where it goes.
    Last edited by ryanb741; 9th July 2023 at 08:43.

I'm pretty confident Arsenal will win the PL within the next few years TBH. City are still in their cycle but they'll have some world class players start to wane soon De Bruyne plus losing Gundogan, probably Silva and I think teams are figuring out how to defend against Haaland. Guardiola will be off in a couple of years also. It is amusing seeing Liverpool fans start to flake out about Arsenal and I think it's because Arsenal have come from nowhere to now be the defacto main challengers to City and maybe that irks Reds fans who view that as their right?

I think with Arsenal's transfer activity, as it stands they have increased the gap between them, Man Utd, Newcastle etc. In theory they've increased the gap between Liverpool also but the only difference is Liverpool have so many levels to go up with their existing squad that underperformed last year. How much Arsenal have closed the gap on City is hard to tell and of course for all teams the transfer window remains open so let's see.

But Arsenal are here to stay, they aren't going anywhere, they've signed their best young players to long term deals and have added quality to the squad. The club is going for it.
    Ryan, you are on drugs

Arsenal finished second, playing once a week and having every third weekend off as they threw away the cups early doors.

They didn't have many injuries, they lost Jesus, but were lucky it's the only position where they had decent cover.

Every other team Liverpool, united etc, not only had the first team out they had the second team injured as well

They threw away the biggest lead ever in traditional arsenal style.

So when the Qatar,SA and abi Dhabi need a new manager where do you think they will go????

In a few years, Saka will be somewhere else, aresnal will be fighting for top four as usual

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Chewitt13 View Post
    Ryan, you are on drugs

Arsenal finished second, playing once a week and having every third weekend off as they threw away the cups early doors.

They didn't have many injuries, they lost Jesus, but were lucky it's the only position where they had decent cover.

Every other team Liverpool, united etc, not only had the first team out they had the second team injured as well

So when the Qatar,SA and abi Dhabi need a new manager where do you think they will go????

In a few years, Saka will be somewhere else, aresnal will be fighting for top four as usual

With respect I'd disagree. Arsenal (IMHO stupidly) played pretty much a full strength side every week in the Europa league and as for injuries if Saliba and Tomiyasu hadn't got injured they'd have won the league. Plus Saka was burned out at the end. It was that strength in depth they lacked.

I think the only team you can look at and say that injuries took them out of the equation was Liverpool. For sure they were unlucky and I won't disagree and the form they showed at the end of the season indicates that Liverpool will still be pushing for Top 4 - they aren't going anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Chewitt13 View Post
    Ryan, you are on drugs

Ah - a reality check, thank you. Let's not forget that Arteta has been handed £600m in transfer funds since his arrival, and that isn't going to be sustainable either.

Ryan, you're so blinkered it's ridiculous. There'll be far more teams that are competitive for top 4 spots than you mention, and I don't see Arsenal continuing to have the edge when their squad is stretched through fixture congestion and injuries like the other top sides.

I also find it interesting that - after one poor season - Spurs are no longer being mentioned in any capacity whatsoever. I'll stick my neck out and say that a few of you will be surprised during the course of the coming season.

The difference between a good team and the very top is the depth and strength of the squad. I remember that CL final between Liverpool and Real Madrid when Bale was the star. The Liverpool bench was a few squad players and some kids, the Real bench were all internationals.

Look at City, they effectively have two first teams so can cope with multiple competitions. Liverpool over the past five years or so have had a great first team, but very little in the way of options beyond that.

For teams to compete now they don’t need 11 top players, more like 20+

I love the belief that teams are figuring out how to defend against Haaland .
    Plus, our squad depth is always overhyped . There’s a fair drop off in quality from the first 15 .
    We were fortunate in that only a couple of our key players missed major game time .

Master
    You can argue the toss with Allison vs Ramsdale
    You must be trolling with that.

Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
    I only got to the Gashford bit and had to go for a lie down .

Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    I love the belief that teams are figuring out how to defend against Haaland .
    Plus, our squad depth is always overhyped . There’s a fair drop off in quality from the first 15 .
    We were fortunate in that only a couple of our key players missed major game time .
    I don't think you can TBH.

You can probably try to limit him but on his day he is unplayable.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Thought this was interesting - Transfermarkt has Arsenal's squad as the 2nd most valuable in the world after Man City's, and that's without Rice in it or factoring in Saliba's renewal so it may well be that after those adjustments Arsenal have the most valuable squad in the world. So based on that anything less than winning the CL is underperforming!

It has the Spurs squad value in 10th position so is clearly a loada bollocks.

Thought this was interesting - Transfermarkt has Arsenal's squad as the 2nd most valuable in the world after Man City's, and that's without Rice in it or factoring in Saliba's renewal so it may well be that after those adjustments Arsenal have the most valuable squad in the world. So based on that anything less than winning the CL is underperforming!

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    It has the Spurs squad value in 10th position so is clearly a loada bollocks.
    Harry Kane is 90m Euros of that though.

Most valuable players are Haaland and Mbappe at 180m Euros each

Most valuable English players are Jude Bellingham and Bukayo Saka at 120m Euros each.

Most valuable national team is England followed by France.

Master
    Ryan have you been on the ale ?

Some absolute fantasy posts in the last page from yourself.

Only Salah would get in the Arsenal side ????? That’s genuinely crazy talk.

The Liverpool squad have won everything in the domestic game. The arsenal squad have won the top at Christmas league once in 20 years.

As for Alisson v Ramsdale being a coin toss, that’s genuinely ludicrous.

One has played 35 games for Brazil and won everything in the domestic game. One’s been in the FIFA world team 3 times, won Seria A goal keeper of the year twice, won the prem golden gloves twice, won worlds best goalkeeper award the list is endless.

The other chaps honours list comprises of save of the month last season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
    Ramsdale currently rated as the world's most valuable goalkeeper btw.

Master
    No Ryan he isn’t pal.

Ryan, I am an Arsenal fan but they are some far fetched claims above! I hope we do win the PL but cant see that happening anytime soon. Top 4 will be very hard next season. The season gone we should have won it, but we fell apart in crucial games.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    No Ryan he isn’t pal.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...epers-30178441

Interesting stuff though I suspect the reality of a players value is merely derived from the depth of transfer window rumours at any given time and how desperate the buying club is to acquire.

If we really believe the data it proves that Arsenal have overpaid by £25MM for Declan Rice and allegedly got Kai Havertz for a bargain price!

Meanwhile this website reckon Ramsdale to be worth £40M and Allison £35M so not a dissimilar pricing differential. And with a 5 years age gap surely this will have an impact on value assuming a max top level career of about 15 years?

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/aaro...spieler/427568

Arsenal have definitely overpaid for Declan Rice but that's the price West ham were insistent on so it was I guess deemed a fee worth paying in the context of what Arteta wants to do to his midfield

Quote Originally Posted by smokey99 View Post
    Interesting stuff though I suspect the reality of a players value is merely derived from the depth of transfer window rumours at any given time and how desperate the buying club is to acquire.

If we really believe the data it proves that Arsenal have overpaid by £25MM for Declan Rice and allegedly got Kai Havertz for a bargain price!

Meanwhile this website reckon Ramsdale to be worth £40M and Allison £35M so not a dissimilar pricing differential. And with a 5 years age gap surely this will have an impact on value assuming a max top level career of about 15 years?

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/aaro...spieler/427568

Master

Quality journalism. Says Ederson was dropped for the FA Cup final. I thought Manchester City always play the reserve goalkeeper in the domestic cups.

Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    Everton looking to sell a striker to Coventry and bring in Ashley Young on a free transfer, not even sure what to say on that one!
    I’ve asked the fat ginger one if he would like to sign my 89 year old mum, she would be the same amount of use as Ashley Young.

Sean Dyche will not last the season and Everton are certain to go down. I think he will be one of the first to be sacked and certainly before Xmas.

I understand he's also talking to Luton. That's one of those situations where fans see just how far their club has fallen, if he chose Luton over Everton.

It doesn't give me any pleasure as my nephew is on Everton's books but I see Dyche sacked before New Year with Everton in the bottom three and eventual relegation at the end of the season.

Everton looking to sell a striker to Coventry and bring in Ashley Young on a free transfer, not even sure what to say on that one!

Wink

Does Young (who isn’t) come with a bus pass?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Prepping for the pitch invasion trophy again?

I think I’ll do a Ryan and change allegiance - come on Wrexham

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-W View Post
    Does Young (who isn’t) come with a bus pass?
    Young was quality for us last year. Can more than adequately fill in at both full back positions or in midfield. He's like Milner, has really looked after himself and is a consumate pro. Still a very good player.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    I think I’ll do a Ryan and change allegiance - come on Wrexham
    Not Tranmere? Or things not that bad yet

Not Tranmere? Or things not that bad yet
    It would have to be Tranmere, but exciting times at Wrexham, sort of like a mini Newcastle. Not sure how long it will last, but if teams like Bournemouth and Luton can climb the leagues, why not Wrexham.

Spurs have signed Manor Solomon. Good player and squad addition for them

I'm wondering whether Arsenal actually agreed to sign Declan Rice's kids and that's why the announcement is taking so long?

I'm wondering whether Arsenal actually agreed to sign Declan Rice's kids and that's why the announcement is taking so long?
    Cold feet .
    He’s on the phone to our DoF asking him to look down the back of the settee for spare coins to up the bid.

Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Cold feet .
    He’s on the phone to our DoF asking him to look down the back of the settee for spare coins to up the bid.
    An extra tenner a year for 1000 years and you'll beat Arsenal's payment structure

Saudis offering Henderson 700k a week has to be the craziest thing I have seen, he’s old and pretty rubbish!

Master
    Blog Entries

Premier League 2023-24

Quote Originally Posted by NikGixer750 View Post
    Saudis offering Henderson 700k a week has to be the craziest thing I have seen, he’s old and pretty rubbish!

Insane

Talk sport mentioned that Kante is set to earn more in the next two years in Saudi than he has to date as a pro. Give it 5 years and they will have some league over there
    Last edited by Middo; 13th July 2023 at 21:22.

The salaries are insane but to describe Henderson as rubbish is utter nonsense. Will be interesting to see if there is any formal bid or if this is just newspapers picking a number out of the sky and running with a story because Gerard is out there as manager.

For him he would have the chance of working with someone he knows and earning a huge wage before he hangs up his boots though I imagine the pressure on him wouldnt be any less as he will still be expected to compete and there are some big hitter players and managers who have gone over there to work. Last season especially he was starting to become quite injury prone and he probably knows he has one or two seasons left at Liverpool before he is moved on anyway, a huge bid from Saudi may just tempt both Liverpool and Henderson but its a bit of a wait and see.

Thiago has also been linked with a move to Saudi but I suspect this is more both the papers and the club seeing what offers are out there.

Sounds like Spurs are resigning themselves to the reality that Kane is on his way out.

Master

He’s that bad he’s won everything in the domestic game and is captain of Liverpool.

He’s a very underrated player.

If I was him I’d be off like a shot, he’s coming to the end and he will be 20 games max next season. Take the 70m and run !

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    He’s that bad he’s won everything in the domestic game and is captain of Liverpool.

He’s a very underrated player.

If I was him I’d be off like a shot, he’s coming to the end and he will be 20 games max next season. Take the 70m and run !

Cant disagree with you there! Hes done everything, won everything, nothing left to prove.

If they want to pay him £700.000 a week...then its a no brainer! If he isn't already set up for life financially.....then going to Saudi for a year or more will certainly do that!

(Im a United fan by the way.....and yes, he is under-rated).