closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 14 of 113 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Thread: Premier League 2023-24

Maybe rubbish was a little harsh, he was a great player and has had a great career with Liverpool, but he is past his best now, struggled last season.

At least UK players moving to Saudi won't spaff their money away on booze and gambling like some in the UK do!

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    At least UK players moving to Saudi won't spaff their money away on booze and gambling like some in the UK do!
    You know alcohol is freely available in most gulf countries right?

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    He’s that bad he’s won everything in the domestic game and is captain of Liverpool.

He’s a very underrated player.

If I was him I’d be off like a shot, he’s coming to the end and he will be 20 games max next season. Take the 70m and run !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Liverpool want 10 million the Saudi club were hoping on a free transfer (Not sure how) Another Saudi club apparently after Fabinho for 40m

Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    You know alcohol is freely available in most gulf countries right?
    Not in Saudi Arabia it isn't.

I was born in the UAE, lived there, Saudi, Bahrain and Oman btw so am very familiar with the region

In a somewhat sensitive development it seems Arsenal have offered Folarin Balogun plus £50m to Tottenham for Harry Kane. I guess if that offer was made Kane must have indicated privately he was open to the move?

Not.

This is a tough watch but I hope it's a turning point for him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyDL9EUIdy0

Master
    Blog Entries
    Yes I have just watched it, hope all goes well for him whether it’s with Everton or elsewhere. Ashley Young ended up at Everton.

Quote Originally Posted by hilly10 View Post
    Yes I have just watched it, hope all goes well for him whether it’s with Everton or elsewhere. Ashley Young ended up at Everton.
    I wish him well personally, but the PL or Everton do not owe the guy a living. His appearances for Everton have been dreadful, he is lazy, disinterested and to quote the younger generation he doesn’t put a shift in.

If he can get his arse in gear, run his bollocks off and sweat blood for the team, then he may start to become the talent that he used to be. I hope he can do it otherwise his footballing career is over.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    I wish him well personally, but the PL or Everton do not owe the guy a living. His appearances for Everton have been dreadful, he is lazy, disinterested and to quote the younger generation he doesn’t put a shift in.

If he can get his arse in gear, run his bollocks off and sweat blood for the team, then he may start to become the talent that he used to be. I hope he can do it otherwise his footballing career is over.
    Danny Murphy was on talksport a few days ago saying he still has it in him to be a premier league player, not quite top 4 but a decent premier league player non the less. He did say perhaps the Everton manager may not be the character he needs as he needs more of a put his arm around his shoulder kind of manager (Who knows if he knew about this interview coming out?)

I read an article a few years ago about agents who would target single mothers and act as a "father figure" to these young players, get them to leave a smaller club for a bigger club on a more lucrative contract then drop them like a stone. When the player doesnt quite make it they are left with nowhere left to turn.

I get that Everton "owe him nothing" but there is still a player there who with the right guidance could do a job for you and with what he has said could even make a positive impact for the fans as well.

Watching Spurs in 2016/17 was like the Delle Ali show . He was superb that season and scored a good number of goals . He was in demand after that but never seemed to reach the same level of performance. His decline was massive and sudden.
    A huge shame for him personally along with Spurs snd England . It’d be some turnaround if he ever manages to get back to something approaching his best . Good luck to him .

Master
    Ryan,

Looks like Liverpool are in for Rice, if the Henderson and Fabinho deals progress there’s a real chance he will end up at Liverpool.

Just a thought, but when all those players defected to LIV from the PGA there were countless accusations of sports washing, taking blood money etc etc. I know it's not exactly the same situation, but I don't think I've read any similar criticism of any of the footballers who've decided to end their career chasing the Saudi $$$s

It's almost as if no one even expects a footballer to have a conscience?

Ryan,

Looks like Liverpool are in for Rice, if the Henderson and Fabinho deals progress there’s a real chance he will end up at Liverpool.

I doubt that, my understanding is the delay is due to lawyers plus his holiday. If it was family reasons etc he preferred Arsenal over City the same would apply to Liverpool as well.

I doubt that, my understanding is the delay is due to lawyers plus his holiday. If it was family reasons etc he preferred Arsenal over City the same would apply to Liverpool as well.
    Family reasons ? 😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Family reasons ? 😂😂
    Well he didn't move to Arsenal over City for guaranteed trophies did he? And whilst Arteta is a good coach to work under Pep is the greatest coach in the world. Therefore I assume he is a Londoner with a settled family and wants to stay in the area. It's not as if Arsenal would pay him more than City would.

Well he didn't move to Arsenal over City for guaranteed trophies did he? I assume he is a Londoner with a settled family and wants to stay in the area. It's not as if Arsenal would pay him more than City would.
    No, he moved to Arsenal because City wouldn’t pay over their offer for him .
    That’s it . We will likely never know if Rice would’ve chosen City now .

No, he moved to Arsenal because City wouldn’t pay over their offer for him .
    That’s it . We will likely never know if Rice would’ve chosen City now .
    Hmmm. Unless I'm suffering a crisis of memory City made a bid with a higher up front amount than Arsenal, which was also rejected by West Ham and then declined to bid again. Arsenal then bid afterwards. But all the noise was he wanted to stay in London. But you are correct we will never know for sure.

BTW if you want to see an insane own goal check out Jorginho's own goal in Arsenal's match vs Nurnberg today.

Hmmm. Unless I'm suffering a crisis of memory City made a bid with a higher up front amount than Arsenal, which was also rejected by West Ham and then declined to bid again. Arsenal then bid afterwards. But all the noise was he wanted to stay in London. But you are correct we will never know for sure.

BTW if you want to see an insane own goal check out Jorginho's own goal in Arsenal's match vs Nurnberg today.
    Pffft . Amateurish .
    Come back when you’ve outdone Jamie Pollock v QPR .
    The finest, most controlled skilful own goal you will ever see .

Pffft . Amateurish .
    Come back when you’ve outdone Jamie Pollock v QPR .
    The finest, most controlled skilful own goal you will ever see .
    Ooft! That was peak Mitoma, just sadly in the wrong end

Sandy Brown’s diving header for Everton v Liverpool late 1969 takes some beating

Just remembered Lee Dixon’s 30 yarder over Seaman .

Family reasons ? 
    They dont sell jellied eels up north

With good reason !
    Southern weirdos .

Back on topic , Diaby to Aston Villa for a reported £35 million is incredible business . Dark horses to get a top 5 position maybe ?

And rightly so, they’re all kinds of wrong 🤮

If you’ve not watched it Ken I’d recommend you doing so. He isn’t lazy. He’s intelligent, articulate, sincere, abused and traumatised.

He’s taken positive steps to deal with the massive trauma he’s been subjected to and I applaud him for that. If he’s in a better place now, which he appears to be, then he could be a fantastic player for Everton.

What he needs is help, support and understanding. I guarantee there are more players suffering in similar ways, just as there is in ‘normal life’ and hopefully he’ll have helped them in some way.

Credit to him for doing this interview and good luck to him. I’d take him at Newcastle if Everton don’t want him.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post

Master
    Danny Murphy was on talksport a few days ago saying he still has it in him to be a premier league player, not quite top 4 but a decent premier league player non the less. He did say perhaps the Everton manager may not be the character he needs as he needs more of a put his arm around his shoulder kind of manager (Who knows if he knew about this interview coming out?)

I read an article a few years ago about agents who would target single mothers and act as a "father figure" to these young players, get them to leave a smaller club for a bigger club on a more lucrative contract then drop them like a stone. When the player doesnt quite make it they are left with nowhere left to turn.

I get that Everton "owe him nothing" but there is still a player there who with the right guidance could do a job for you and with what he has said could even make a positive impact for the fans as well.
    Dele said that dyche has been very good with him so far so you never know, good luck to him I hope he can regain his spark.

Quote Originally Posted by cyrusir View Post
    Dele said that dyche has been very good with him so far so you never know, good luck to him I hope he can regain his spark.
    I feel a real affection for Dele, and was really touched by his interview with Gary N. I’d absolutely LOVE him to regain his form - in fact, I’d love him to come back to Spurs and do it there.

Dele cited Pochettino as being a key factor in his confidence and form at Spurs. Pochettino was able to motivate him and had a really string bond with him so maybe Chelsea is an option?

Either way hopefully this is cathartic for Alli to face his demons and he comes out of this stronger. He is still in his prime and can have a great career ahead

Dele cited Pochettino as being a key factor in his confidence and form at Spurs. Pochettino was able to motivate him and had a really string bond with him so maybe Chelsea is an option?

Either way hopefully this is cathartic for Alli to face his demons and he comes out of this stronger. He is still in his prime and can have a great career ahead
    Yes, I was wondering whether Poch would give him an option. Incidentally, he doesn’t use the name Alli any more; hasn’t for years, in fact.

Isn't part of the issue that if he plays anymore games for Everton, then they have to pay Spurs the next installment of the transfer fee? Given Evertons financials, seems unlikely they will take a punt and give him the pitch time he needs

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk
    Last edited by xxnick1975; 14th July 2023 at 09:10.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    I’d love him to come back to Spurs and do it there.
    that would be some story if it came to pass

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Incidentally, he doesn’t use the name Alli any more; hasn’t for years, in fact.
    Didn’t know that, what’s the reason?

Master
    Didn’t know that, what’s the reason?
    its to do with not wanting to be associated with his biological father im pretty sure.

As Ferguson said about ravel Morrison 'The environment got him, he couldn't get out of it'

It will be interesting to see the responses to the enviable 'Mason Greenwood' interview

Seems like Bayern bosses are in London today to speak to Harry Kane and representatives and the thinking is he will push a move through.

Craftsman
    Ryan,

Wow, along with Jude Bellingham that's quite the new midfield Liverpool will have this season!

Sent from my LE2123 using Tapatalk

No wonder Dec didn't want to move to the cold rainy north.

Although I suppose he could have tried those northern "delicacies" of cow heel, pigs trotters and tripe.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Master
    Blog Entries

Premier League 2023-24

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    No wonder Dec didn't want to move to the cold rainy north.

Although I suppose he could have tried those northern "delicacies" of cow heel, pigs trotters and tripe.
    Never mind that I was stuck in wigan the other day and fours two roast potatoes on my kebab.

In other news- Timber has signed for arsenal.

Edit - Mandy cleared too
    Last edited by Middo; 14th July 2023 at 15:32.

Craftsman
    Especially seeing as Jude has already signed for Madrid, are we getting him on a timeshare?
    Really??? Are you serious???? But Ivan said he'd already signed for Liverpool last summer, it was all done and dusted. When did he sign for Real Madrid?? Ivan couldn't have been wrong.

Master
    Especially seeing as Jude has already signed for Madrid, are we getting him on a timeshare?
    Madrid !! How did that happen? We heard it from the official TZScouse massive that Bellingham was a sign sealed deal some 6 months ago, a round about the same time Poch was odds on, no more bets please, super favourite to return to White hart lane. You’ll be telling me he’s gone to Chelsea next.

Quote Originally Posted by jon8oy View Post
    Really??? Are you serious???? But Ivan said he'd already signed for Liverpool last summer, it was all done and dusted. When did he sign for Real Madrid?? Ivan couldn't have been wrong.

Think at the time my reply to Ivan was if you think Jude is coming to Liverpool I have a bridge in New York you may be interested in purchasing

Luckily the predictions that Darwin Nunez would be a better striker in the PL than Haaland have proven to be correct.

Spurs will 'do a Spurs' and drag out the now inevitable sale of Kane to Bayern right until the end of the window meaning they will have no time to sign and bed in replacements. The Spurs supporters' ire will be assuaged by an extra NFL match at their beautiful stadium and the sight of Pedro Porro lifting the Joan Gamper pre-season tournament trophy aloft after a victory in the final against Barcelona B.

Spurs will then have a poor start to the season, sitting in 15th place in the table until they visit the Etihad in December and batter previously unbeaten Man City 3-0. Arsenal will at that time announce that the Declan Rice signing is 'almost done' and he will finally make his debut on the 13th January at home to Palace.

Master
    Benjamin Mendy now available.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    Benjamin Mendy now available.
    and out of contract, must be a few teams sniffing around.

Master

Tell me you don’t understand football without telling me you don’t understand football.

Craftsman
    Tell me you don’t understand football without telling me you don’t understand football.

That's right, you're much smarter than I