Quote Originally Posted by jon8oy View Post
    That's right, you're much smarter than I

Sent from my LE2123 using Tapatalk
    “… smarter than me” (just saying )

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jon8oy View Post
    That's right, you're much smarter than I

Players pre agree moves to clubs do you understand that ?

How do you think football works ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by cbh View Post
    and out of contract, must be a few teams sniffing around.
    I'd be surprised if he plays in England again. I've not read any details at all about the criminal case but an acquittal doesn't mean things are as they were before the accusations first surfaced.

Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    I'd be surprised if he plays in England again. I've not read any details at all about the criminal case but an acquittal doesn't mean things are as they were before the accusations first surfaced.
    TBH if he's been acquitted and had 2 years of his career ruined by what turned out to be unfounded accusations then there's a case for legal redress against the accusers perhaps, depending on how unsubstantiated the accusations turned out to be?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    “… smarter than me” (just saying )
    Thank you, Indo struggle with my grammar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    Players pre agree moves to clubs do you understand that ?

How do you think football works ?

Things you have said:

"We are going all out to land him"

"The Bellingham deal is done for next season"

"The deal with Liverpool was done and agreed last year"

"It's not optimism mate, it's facts... This is from the people that actually conclude the deals for Liverpool not just daft forum chat"

"Bellingham had agreed terms with Liverpool last year, there's also an agreement in principle for the fee with Dortmund"

I do understand players are not supposed to have direct contact with clubs they are not contracted to about moves, unless expressly permitted by the club they are under contract with. In reality this still happens, most famous case being Ashley Cole 'tapping up' many years ago by Chelsea. However these days most players and clubs employ (sometimes multiple layers of) intermediaries. They sound out the players 'people' on things like wages and bonuses. This is often reported in modern media as 'wages agreed' in advance of a fee being accepted but is almost always followed by formal talks between buying club and player once a fee has been agreed and accepted by selling club.

I genuinely believe Liverpool did some of the groundwork with Bellingham and his people to ascertain his likely wage demands, and perhaps even discussed directly a fee with Dortmund.

This is never what you stated, you said a deal was done, and it didn't happen. You were wrong.

Do you understand how being wrong works?

Thing is, people are wrong all the time and I wouldn't be bothered by it. However there is an increasing rise of people who are very wrong about things and then brazen it out through sheer arrogance. They go on to claim those who challenge them are simply too ignorant or stupid to truly understand how, actually, they were right all along. You fall into this camp sadly, which takes away from the fun of fan debate and makes the whole thing a sour, zero-sum, game of one-upmanship. Congratulations, you sucked me into it, you get the win.

Have a great weekend - I'm off for a

Master
    The deal was agreed with Bellingham, that was factual information. That information came directly from the person who makes the deal.

Liverpool not making the champions league leaving a hole in the finances and the structure of how Dortmund wanted the fee sank the deal.

Clubs don’t bid, then negotiate, then have a deal accepted and then speak to a player.

If you think that’s how a deal is concluded you are miles away from what actually happens in football.

Signed sealed delivered

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    TBH if he's been acquitted and had 2 years of his career ruined by what turned out to be unfounded accusations then there's a case for legal redress against the accusers perhaps, depending on how unsubstantiated the accusations turned out to be?
    Not a lawyer but I think it's common knowledge that the bar for criminal conviction is higher than for civil actions. That suggests there might be grounds for a civil case to be brought by, rather than against, the accusers. Example (albeit under Scottish law) here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Goodwillie

As I say, I never read any details so have no opinion on the facts or outcome of the case.

Master
    The deal was agreed with Bellingham, that was factual information. That information came directly from the person who makes the deal.
    I was told that the "insider" who said Haaland was going to Manchester City, about 6 months before it was announced, had said Bellingham had agreed to sign for them. The story seemed credible as obviously Bellingham played with Haaland and is an England contemporary of the Manchester City England players. And I assume Liverpool wouldn't offer the same money as Manchester City or Real Madrid. Guess we'll never know the truth.

All we know is that, when Ivan says the deal is done, the deal is not yet done and may never be done.

Master
    I think what Ivan is saying is that something utterly incontrovertible can nevertheless change.

I can't see why anyone has pulled him up on that.

Master
    Yeah? Nah...

Quote Originally Posted by Dynam0humm View Post
    Yeah? Nah...

Yes I did caveat it was based on whether the claims were very unsubstantiated. I was of course not trivialising the seriousness of the alleged crime

Master
    At the golf today
    Who knew Billy Horschel was a big Irons man (no pun intended)

Glory hunter, bet it didn't have that bag in 2011 when they went down!

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Declan Rice deal finally announced. A bit of an anti climax now as it's been dragging so long.

Seems Partey is staying now so a midfield trio of Odegaard, Partey and Rice is pretty useful.

If they can’t fulfil fixtures in their tin pot shed then revoke promotion and get Coventry up. All that hassle for one season.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66207080

Master
    Fabhino undergoing a medical, Liverpool will have no midfield left at this rate.

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    If they can’t fulfil fixtures in their tin pot shed then revoke promotion and get Coventry up. All that hassle for one season.

Not everyone has Arab sugar daddies.

They won promotion from non league on their football not their money.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    Is that the stadium where you literally go down a side alley between two houses to get to the ground?

And people moan about the "Romance of the English game"
    Yes between houses (for away fans). Luton and romance, er no. I imagine the works is to put spit shields in for the away fans walkway.

Just saw where he is going, is Nuno looking to signing every Portuguese speaker to his team?
    Pretty sure they all share same agent hence at Wolves and now this team.

Yeah, because it's not like Coventry have ever had problems with their stadium

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Master

Get's my vote, happy to spend one season back in the bright lights!

Master
    Eddie Howe saying there’s not much money to buy players so they’ll need to be creative.

Where did all the blood/oil money go then?
    I was expecting at least Neymar

Quote Originally Posted by PhilT View Post
    Eddie Howe saying there’s not much money to buy players so they’ll need to be creative.

I was expecting at least Neymar
    FFP. They can only spend 90% of their revenue on players, wages, agent fees etc. That goes to 80% next year and 70% the year after. Man City already got away with dodgy sponsorship revenues allowing them to overspend meaning the legal Eye of Sauron will be all over Newcastle currently to avoid the same happening there.

If they get a decent run in the CL that should boost coffers for the season after although they'll only be able to spend 80% of revenues.

I think Liverpool are going to be the recipients of that this season .
    The mental gymnastics will be hilarious .

Just watched Rice in his first interview for his new team.
    Said he wants to get Arsenal back to where they belong again.
    So sixth then

Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Just watched Rice in his first interview for his new team.
    Said he wants to get Arsenal back to where they belong again.
    So sixth then
    Lucky he didn't join City then to get them back to their historical status of fighting relegation!

Master
    I think Liverpool are going to be the recipients of that this season .
    The mental gymnastics will be hilarious .
    So selling players to Arab clubs (and they wanted hendo on a free so I won't be too optimistic) is the same as being owned by an Arab state?

Anyway I'm really hoping my team, the plucky underdogs Arsenal with our squad of youth team kids and a mish-mash of bargains cobbled together from other sides, continues to overachieve and give the moneybags clubs another bloody nose this season.

In other news Everton look to be signing Jonny Evans as their next signing. Just so I understand this, they are trying to sell a 22 year old to Coventry and bring in two 35 year olds?

Never mind grand old team Everton will be coming onto the pitch to the theme of dads army "Who do you think you are kidding....."
    Other teams have done it and it has worked, but only for a season or two. Jamie Vardy would work, an old man, but still fit and at least he knows where the bloody goal is.

Not an ideal plan going forward, but if it gave us say two seasons of no relegation scrap it would provide some time to rebuild. It is a case of shoving one’s thumb in the hole.

I would prefer Dad’s Army to Z Cars.

Quote Originally Posted by cyrusir View Post
    So selling players to Arab clubs (and they wanted hendo on a free so I won't be too optimistic) is the same as being owned by an Arab state?
    Why ?
    Who is owned by an Arab state ?

But , back to your question . It’s Arab money is it not ? Wether it’s directly funded through a clubs ownership or money given t a club to buy its assets, it’s exactly the same thing , no ?
    Like I said , mental gymnastics .

Declan Rice deal finally announced. A bit of an anti climax now as it's been dragging so long.

Seems Partey is staying now so a midfield trio of Odegaard, Partey and Rice is pretty useful.
    I suspect we’ll be coping without Partey this season. Kiwior looks like an option if needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Surely if Henderson wants to play crap football in a homophobic location where they think beating women is justified he could just go back to Sunderland?

Apparently Newcastle have tabled a £82m bid for Khvicha Kvaratshkelia from Napoli. This guy is world class and is going to be in the top 3 players in the world alongside Mbappe and Haaland. Suspect the bid will need to be doubled and if clubs get wind of the fact that Napoli may sell him there will be a whole host of top clubs vying for his signature.

Master
    Why ?
    Who is owned by an Arab state ?

But , back to your question . It’s Arab money is it not ? Wether it’s directly funded through a clubs ownership or money given t a club to buy its assets, it’s exactly the same thing , no ?
    Like I said , mental gymnastics .
    Of course it's not the same thing but you already know that, the amount of things you pretend not to know is getting worrying at this stage

Of course it's not the same thing but you already know that, the amount of things you pretend not to know is getting worrying at this stage
    Just answer the question .

Top 4 is realistically top 5 this season for CL football, fancy Villa for that spot. Emery is a top manager - their form when he arrived was CL qualification form.

Anyway I'm really hoping my team, the plucky underdogs Arsenal with our squad of youth team kids and a mish-mash of bargains cobbled together from other sides, continues to overachieve and give the moneybags clubs another bloody nose this season.
    Nah we are going full Chelsea, Arteta out by Jan window.

Top 4 is realistically top 5 this season for CL football, fancy Villa for that spot. Emery is a top manager - their form when he arrived was CL qualification form.
    Hope so. We've added some proper class with Tielemans and Pau Torres. If we can get the Moussa Diaby deal done then we're going to look very strong.

Master
    As I’ve said before I hope Liverpool get bought by Arab money.

I hope Joe Gomez goes next for 100m.

For those interested, this is a good podcast on Arab money and sports washing

Check out this Podcast: Following the Politics of Sport https://player.fm/1BXSMnk

It's a united podcast but does a good job of explaining the aims of these countries

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Our form when he arrived was freefalling into the Championship!

What Villa now has is a very good midfield and just a RB away from an excellent defence. We just need another striker and one or two more supporting attacking players and we're ready. Bearing in mind John McGinn plays a more attacking role for Scotland, we may only bring in one winger and strengthen as we go along.
    "A man of little significance"

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post

What Villa now has is a very good midfield and just a RB away from an excellent defence. We just need another striker and one or two more supporting attacking players and we're ready. Bearing in mind John McGinn plays a more attacking role for Scotland, we may only bring in one winger and strengthen as we go along.
    Sorry I should have said after he arrived lol. Gerrard obviously had them heading for relegation

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post

Right back, Diaby and Johnson (Forest) and we’re good to go. Oh and a replacement back up keeper, as Olsen is the worst keeper I’ve ever seen.

Master
    Maguire disappointed to be stripped of captaincy. Fair enough. He can hardly be surprised though. Ruthless but correct (again) from
    ten Hag

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by demonloop View Post
    Maguire disappointed to be stripped of captaincy. Fair enough. He can hardly be surprised though. Ruthless but correct (again) from
    ten Hag
    Does that mean he thinks he’s staying at Man U? Thought they were doing everything they could to move him on.

As a united fan I would get happy to move Maguire on and give a 12 month contract to Johnny Evans as 5th centre back

Master
    Does that mean he thinks he’s staying at Man U? Thought they were doing everything they could to move him on.
    I’d say they’re trying to move him on but wages will likely be a stumbling block

Quote Originally Posted by Chewitt13 View Post
    As a united fan I would get happy to move Maguire on and give a 12 month contract to Johnny Evans as 5th centre back

Dunno tbh, there was always a mistake or two in Jonny :-)

But he could Be no worse than Maguire

As I’ve said before I hope Liverpool get bought by Arab money.

I hope Joe Gomez goes next for 100m.

And rightly so .
    If they do , and United do , and Tottenham , then brilliant . Bring it on .
    It’s the mind bending reasoning about sportswashing etc that comes with opposition to it when it’s simpler to admit that it’s jealousy of other teams winning trophies that actually rankles.