closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 4 of 79 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: Premier League 2023-24

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    A totally dominant first half. I hate to say it but Isak is becoming a liability with injury. We don’t have a single fit striker at the club. We’ll have to bring in someone tomorrow just to be a token striker.
    Eddie Nkeitah will be available! but even calling him a token striker is being too nice.

Good result for Arsenal, still lacking the killer mentality, totally controlled the first half without testing their keeper, which has been our issue most of the season.

Lets hope Liverpool loose tonight, then a huge game at the weekend. With Klopp leaving Liverpool could have a final push for another PL. I can see Liverpool becoming like Man UTD after Ferguson left and slipping away over the next few years.

Outmanoeuvred by Newcastle again. As with Chelsea, we just let them have the first half and tried to see what we could do in the second, while reacting too late to bring on Bailey and Ramsey. Never mind, lots of nice fixtures coming up.
    "A man of little significance"

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    Outmanoeuvred by Newcastle again. As with Chelsea, we just let them have the first half and tried to see what we could do in the second, while reacting too late to bring on Bailey and Ramsey. Never mind, lots of nice fixtures coming up.
    But… but… what’s happened to the title talk?

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    But… but… what’s happened to the title talk?
    But... but... who was talking about the title?

To be fair, I don't think many of us saw anything other than a Villa win last night, me included. But we were back to our best last night, particularly defensively and in controlling the midfield. What impressed me more than three goals away at Villa was our dominance of the ball first half, our pressing from the front and the absolute smothering of Villa. Villa are a really good team but Eddie just had their number last night. We've not been that dominant for ages. Actually it reminded me of how dominant City were against us at SJP in the League Cup this season, we just couldn't get the ball off them.

I'm just going to have to get used to this but once again the anti-Newcastle commentary was evident from the start. Within the opening 40 seconds they'd said that we've not won anything since 1955, had lost four in a row in the league, our whole season rests on the FA Cup, didn't make it out of the UCL group, looked fragile recently and had to stop making injuries an excuse. In the first 40 seconds!! This continued all the way through the game. My wife is a Sunderland supporter and even she said during the second half "wow they really hate Newcastle don't they".

I can feel my shoulders getting broader and skin getting thicker with every game.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post

To be fair, I don't think many of us saw anything other than a Villa win last night, me included. But we were back to our best last night, particularly defensively and in controlling the midfield. What impressed me more than three goals away at Villa was our dominance of the ball first half, our pressing from the front and the absolute smothering of Villa. Villa are a really good team but Eddie just had their number last night. We've not been that dominant for ages. Actually it reminded me of how dominant City were against us at SJP in the League Cup this season, we just couldn't get the ball off them.

I'm just going to have to get used to this but once again the anti-Newcastle commentary was evident from the start. Within the opening 40 seconds they'd said that we've not won anything since 1955, had lost four in a row in the league, our whole season rests on the FA Cup, didn't make it out of the UCL group, looked fragile recently and had to stop making injuries an excuse. In the first 40 seconds!! This continued all the way through the game. My wife is a Sunderland supporter and even she said during the second half "wow they really hate Newcastle don't they".

I can feel my shoulders getting broader and skin getting thicker with every game.
    I hoped our home form would help us get some revenge but we've tailed off over the last few matches. Emery says Bailey hadn't properly recovered from the Chelsea match last week so wasn't brought on earlier but when he did he was on fire. Moreno wasn't putting in crosses, Diaby was when he should have been shooting, we seemed a bit of a shadow of our form of only a few matches ago.

To demonstrate that I'm not paranoid about the anti-Newcastle rhetoric, BBC Football aren't even reporting our win against Villa. It's the only game from last night not to be featured.

Football - latest news today, results & video highlights - BBC Sport

To demonstrate that I'm not paranoid about the anti-Newcastle rhetoric, BBC Football aren't even reporting our win against Villa. It's the only game from last night not to be featured.

Football - latest news today, results & video highlights - BBC Sport
    The story was up there this morning but I can't see where it is now.

Brentford are ripping Spurs to bits here. They could be three up in 15 mins.

Brentford are ripping Spurs to bits here. They could be three up in 15 mins.
    I think it's more end to end really but Spurs look vulnerable on the counter.

Toney looks ready made for Arsenal though, missing that easy chance which Maupay followed up on to score.

It’s end to end since I posted for sure. Spurs are wide open at the back. I’d sell Isak for Toney as I think Isak is fast becoming a liability with injury. I don’t think he’s robust enough for our league and the number of games.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    I think it's more end to end really but Spurs look vulnerable on the counter.

Toney looks ready made for Arsenal though, missing that easy chance which Maupay followed up on to score.

It’s end to end since I posted for sure. Spurs are wide open at the back. I’d sell Isak for Toney as I think Isak is fast becoming a liability with injury. I don’t think he’s robust enough for our league and the number of games.
    Brentford channelling their inner Atletico, with all the sh*thousery.

Timo Werner 💩

I think this could be quite a defining game for Arteta. He can survive a defeat but the manner of a defeat and the tactics used can be what turns people. He needs to spend the first 20 - 30 minutes being direct, no fannying about at he back and trying to be clever. They need to go long to keep Liverpool at their end. Play out from the back and Liverpool will kill them.

And....they need people to shoot! Arsenal are the most frustrating team to watch in front of goal, always looking for the extra pass and the perfect goal. Sometimes you just need to have a shot.

Master
    I think this could be quite a defining game for Arteta. He can survive a defeat but the manner of a defeat and the tactics used can be what turns people. He needs to spend the first 20 - 30 minutes being direct, no fannying about at he back and trying to be clever. They need to go long to keep Liverpool at their end. Play out from the back and Liverpool will kill them.

And....they need people to shoot! Arsenal are the most frustrating team to watch in front of goal, always looking for the extra pass and the perfect goal. Sometimes you just need to have a shot.
    over the last few months liverpool have really returned to the gegen press in a way we didnt see last season, obviously the legs in midfield are a lot fresher now than they were with henderson and fabinho and a lot of rotation up front as well,

it will be interesting to see if arsenal try play through or by pass midfield instead.

Quote Originally Posted by cyrusir View Post
    over the last few months liverpool have really returned to the gegen press in a way we didnt see last season, obviously the legs in midfield are a lot fresher now than they were with henderson and fabinho and a lot of rotation up front as well,

it will be interesting to see if arsenal try play through or by pass midfield instead.
    If he finishes lower than 2nd he'll be in trouble given what he has spent (Arteta).

Arsenal will use the wingers to attack Liverpool's supposed weakness at left/right back. They'll put Zinchenko in to revert and try and get bodies in midfield but Liverpool know Zinchenko is vulnerable to the long pass over his head and I'd imagine Trent will target that with Nunes winning the ball in the air.

Arsenal will need to convert their chances but I reckon they'll create plenty. Jota will score as he always does against Arsenal.

Hold on a second!, shooting and scoring are not the point of the game, the aim of the game is passing it around aimlessly and winning the possession stats, scoring is not important.

Seems to be the way!

Quote Originally Posted by NikGixer750 View Post
    Hold on a second!, shooting and scoring are not the point of the game, the aim of the game is passing it around aimlessly and winning the possession stats, scoring is not important.

...He needs to spend the first 20 - 30 minutes being direct, no fannying about at he back and trying to be clever. They need to go long to keep Liverpool at their end...
    What centre-forward is going to be competing with VVD & AN Other for those long balls in that scenario? Supermac? Alan Smith? Olly Giroud? Ted Drake? It won't be Jesus or Nketiah.
    ______

​Jim.

I mean long to the wingers, into the channels.

Quote Originally Posted by jwg663 View Post
    What centre-forward is going to be competing with VVD & AN Other for those long balls in that scenario? Supermac? Alan Smith? Olly Giroud? Ted Drake? It won't be Jesus or Nketiah.

Richarlison looking like the player we thought we’d signed now. Two absolute belters.

Van der Ven looks a top player. Werner however is absolutely awful. Why do clubs keep signing him?

Van der Ven looks a top player. Werner however is absolutely awful. Why do clubs keep signing him?
    VdV is certainly very fast. Cracking game this.

Yep, cracking game.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    VdV is certainly very fast. Cracking game this.

Just to remind you, you recently called me a troll for suggesting that Spurs would have a say in the top four this season. Regardless of the score today it was yet another ignorant comment.

Idiots.

2 goals conceded from set pieces and 2 points dropped. Didn’t understand the subs. We lost momentum and control of the midfield when Gill and Skipp came on. They’re not good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Casper View Post
    2 goals conceded from set pieces and 2 points dropped. Didn’t understand the subs. We lost momentum and control of the midfield when Gill and Skipp came on. They’re not good enough.
    Agreed. I worried me as the subs were being made.

Been watching Mali vs Ivory Coast instead. Fantastic match

Been watching Mali vs Ivory Coast instead. Fantastic match
    Ivory Coast have lived a charmed life throughout the tournament. A bit like South Korea in the Asian tournament. Loads of last minute goals and just scraping through.

Not Premier League but the Plymouth v Leeds game tonight has been a proper FA Cup tie. Rain, wind, mud and no VAR. Rob Jones refereed it perfectly, I don’t think he got anything wrong all night. Cracking game.

Not Premier League but the Plymouth v Leeds game tonight has been a proper FA Cup tie. Rain, wind, mud and no VAR. Rob Jones refereed it perfectly, I don’t think he got anything wrong all night. Cracking game.
    Southampton play Liverpool at Anfield next. Saints on a 24 match unbeaten run - Liverpool will need to put their first XI out I reckon else they run the risk of going out.

Exceptional, totally dominant performance. Now we need to build on it.

Watching this on a stream in Hanoi. Great performance. Matty what’s the score?

Yeah. I’ve had more than half a century of managing this kind of disappointment.

Yeah. I’ve had more than half a century of managing this kind of disappointment.
    Pah, Aston Villa do disappointment much better than your rabble!

Shyte. Terrible lack of quality in the squad.

Blog Entries
    Shyte. Terrible lack of quality in the squad.

CFC supporter here and i thought both teams deserve to be where they are mid table i do wonder if Eddies days are coming to an end and a new manager next season?
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Congrats on the win. The difference between us is that your squad depth is unreal. We need to be recruiting at the level of Bruno, Gordon and Isak or better. The following aren’t good enough and need to go sharpish:

Karius
    Gillespie
    Burn
    Krafth
    Dummett
    Targett
    Almiron
    Anderson
    Longstaff
    Ritchie
    Barnes
    Wilson

The big question for the club is, if we get the expected big transfer kitty, are we giving it to Eddie? I’d be asking him now to share his thoughts on who he’d like in and if it’s the expected raid in Bournemouth then he needs to be surfing Rightmove.

Quote Originally Posted by mart broad View Post
    CFC supporter here and i thought both teams deserve to be where they are mid table i do wonder if Eddies days are coming to an end and a new manager next season?

Congrats on the win. The difference between us is that your squad depth is unreal. We need to be recruiting at the level of Bruno, Gordon and Isak or better. The following aren’t good enough and need to go sharpish:

Karius
    Gillespie
    Burn
    Krafth
    Dummett
    Targett
    Almiron
    Anderson
    Longstaff
    Ritchie
    Barnes
    Wilson

The big question for the club is, if we get the expected big transfer kitty, are we giving it to Eddie? I’d be asking him now to share his thoughts on who he’d like in and if it’s the expected raid in Bournemouth then he needs to be surfing Rightmove.
    Lots of noise tonight that Mourinho was in Saudi for the Joshua fight and F1 but also to meet with the Newcastle leadership group.

Karius
    Gillespie
    Burn
    Krafth
    Dummett
    Targett
    Almiron
    Anderson
    Longstaff
    Ritchie
    Barnes
    Wilson

I'd take Barnes off your hands, cracking player when fit. Maybe a swap for Tielemans, who has been shite!

Luton have been brilliant and are demolishing Bournemouth.

Maybe not!

That comment was bang average.

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

That aged well 🤣

Saturday night, 2-0 down, two flukey goals away from home, soaking wet and still louder than them.
    Last edited by TaketheCannoli; 16th March 2024 at 20:14.

Saturday night, 2-0 down, two flukey goals away from home, soaking wet and still louder than them.
    Do they give trophies out for that

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Well we got sent to Coventry today. :(