Tom Cruise, bless his heart, is starting to get on a bit. While he's still reliably making films that you know are going to be watchable because, well, Tom Cruise, he probably can't go on forever. Probably. So who's waiting in the wings to be the next star who can sell a film just with their name?

The film industry seem to have been trying quirky looking actors like Timothy Chalamet and Ezra Miller, but despite being in everything Chalamet hasn't, for me, done anything remarkable yet, and Ezra Miller, well ...

Ryan Gosling has developed a habit of being good in films that are very successful, but does anyone say "Ooh, must go and see the new Ryan Gosling film"? For me, Adam Driver is one of the stand out actors of the moment, but I don't think he's conventionally good looking enough, and a bit like like Ryan Gosling, I can't see him being a big box office draw on name only.

So, who should we be keeping an eye on?

To address the elephant in the room, Marvel aside, there aren't that many lead roles for women actors, so I think we still have the old Hollywood model of attractive male star.