closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: UEFA Champions League 2023/24

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    The answer is pretty simple, don't play Clement Lenglet, third-choice left-sided CB. His needless foul on an Olympiacos player ensured a Villa goal was ruled out. He pushed forward out of position needlessly for the second and he ushered the ball out of play for a corner when he'd clearly touched it last, which led to the penalty. One of their goals was a wicked deflection.

I don't feel humiliated, nor do other Villa fans. We have a return leg (for which Martinez will be fit, and I'm certain Pau Torres will start in place of Lenglet) but if we go out and don't get that Europa League place for winning, we'll just have to put up with the Europa League place we've already secured, or the Champions League place Spurs seem to not want to challenge us for. Bigger fish to fry. We were 17th when Emery took over, finishing fifth or fourth the following season is magnificent. Humiliation is for those teams with much more expensive squads who finish lower in the Premier League than us.
    Well said. To be honest last night reminded me of the Leicester hime game last season. Four mistakes, all punished ruthlessly, while we didn't take our own chances.

Need to go a goal up there early on next week, and hope they shit the bed. A goal first for them, and it's game over. If we beat Brighton and Spurs go all Spursy against Liverpool, top 4 is guaranteed and we can then go all in in Athens.

And Ryan, anyone giving it the tediously unfunny "ebening" routine where Emery is concerned is a bit sad if you ask me. The bloke's a genius coach, and he speaks five languages.

Fair enough, good luck to the Villa next week

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Cracking goal Dortmond, come on.

PSG are the new Man Utd of Europe, the team everyone likes to see lose.
    Another good goal from Dortmund tonight. What a pity that PSG are out - not!

Now for Bayern to do a number on Real tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UEFA Champions League 2023/24

Perhaps an indication of how rotten United's playing philosophy and coaching are that two players who didn't make it at United, Sancho and Sabitzer, put in stellar performances for Dortmund and are on their way to the final. Difficult to see a way back for United. Dortmund against Munich or Mardrid? Slight preference to see Munich go through, but then a game with both Sancho and Bellingham could be a good watch. I suspect Eric Dier will be cockahoop if he plays in a final considering his situation at Spurs.
    Last edited by BillyCasper; 8th May 2024 at 22:30.

Great game living up to the expectations.
    Bring on the pens

Joselu FFS. Couldn’t hit a barn door at Newcastle.

^ second part didn’t age well :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Shameful refereeing at the end there with the Bayern 'equaliser'. Tuchel an absolute moron for taking Kane and Musiala off when they were winning against what is well known to be the world's luckiest team.

Blog Entries
    Curse of the Kane?
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

I saw Mats Hummels quote about Dortmund .
    “Everyone wanted to play against us . Fortunately, we are nice guys so made it to the final so more of them get the chance . “
    Very good and I think they’ll give Madrid a game .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mart broad View Post
    Curse of the Kane?
    Cannot take Tottenham out of the boy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, that was invigourating watching Villa lose 6-2 on aggregate. I think we've just run out of steam and players. That was our best 11, the subs coming on were all kids. On the other hand, we still have a Europa League place next season and quite possibly Champions League. Priority signing this summer is a CDM...
    "A man of little significance"

Bayer Neverlosen. Unbelievable!

I was watching it thinking that could easily have been us (Newcastle) and knowing the media would be battering us. Your first season in Europe in a long time and you reach the semis. I'm sure you're proud of that and rightly so.

Then I remembered you have Emri so you'll probably bloody win whatever Euro comp you're in next season!

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    Well, that was invigourating watching Villa lose 6-2 on aggregate. I think we've just run out of steam and players. That was our best 11, the subs coming on were all kids. On the other hand, we still have a Europa League place next season and quite possibly Champions League. Priority signing this summer is a CDM...

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    I was watching it thinking that could easily have been us (Newcastle) and knowing the media would be battering us. Your first season in Europe in a long time and you reach the semis. I'm sure you're proud of that and rightly so.

Then I remembered you have Emri so you'll probably bloody win whatever Euro comp you're in next season!
    We have done remarkably well to get where we are but just don't have the squad depth to keep it going and the key injuries are killing us. It'll be interesting to see what happens next season, the last three teams to get to Europe (Newcastle, Brighton and West Ham) and try to compete have fallen away in the Premier League. We have Europa League guaranteed, just need three points (or Spurs to lose one match) and we're in CL.

I wasn't joking about the CDM either, Kamara is out until November at least and we have McGinn trying to take his place. We have no other option at RB than playing a CB there. All three left-sided midfielders are out injured. What Emery has done with the squad he's mostly inherited is remarkable. On the plus side when all the injured players come back it'll feel like we've spent a few hundred million quid on new players (two defenders, two of the attacking midfielders, one CDM)!
    "A man of little significance"