closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: UEFA Champions League 2023/24

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Your next game is huge for the teams hoping to achieve five Champions League places!
    Yes, ruddy Leverkeusen.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Shock!
    What are you on about ? We’d bladder every team in the tournament.

What wouldn’t be a shock game, they’re all weak teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    What are you on about ? We’d bladder every team in the tournament.

What wouldn’t be a shock game, they’re all weak teams.

How’s that working out for you?

Arsenal vs Bayern brings a shudder to Gunners fans who will remember the 10-2 aggregate pasting we received last time we played them.

We don't have experience at this level and will be the 1st time we've played an elite team in the CL this season. So I think Bayern will be favourites and then if we get through it's the small matter of Man City or Real Madrid!

It's certainly a step up from playing Bodo Glimt last season in the Europa League!

That being said Bayern being banned from having their fans at the Emirates may be an advantage.

The irony of Tottenham needing West Ham and Arsenal to do well in Europe is not lost on me

Leverkusen could be tricky but aside from them should be relatively straightforward.

Blog Entries
    Gvardiol to Foden.

Hold my beer.

z

Bayern have shown the way through Arsenal's defence is blistering pace.

Unfortunately I am not a neutral in this game. Bloody killing me. Great goals but so much sloppy play as well.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

How the hell did the ref not give a pen to Saka with the last kick?!!?

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    To be fair it looked like Saka put his leg out looking for the contact.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    To be fair it looked like Saka put his leg out looking for the contact.
    Absolutely
    Should have booked Saka for cheating
    Basically threw his leg sideways to take a contact.
    Disgusting.

Should have given it simply for allowing Kanes elbow to only be yellow.

It was a 60/40 call and the ref chose 40 so it wasn’t as stonewall as it seemed in real time.

Also I don’t think I’ve seen as many worldies in a single game than the Real vs City game- holy moly !!

Three goals from outside the box . Great strikes but the City defensive discussion will go on .
    Overall , we are much better than the Spanish Man Utd . We should be confident . We were extremely vulnerable at stages tonight. Foden and Haaland were almost invisible but they came through in the end .
    You’d always be concerned with the players they have , but then you look at the players City have.

Reflecting this morning I'd say that's pretty much spot on. I have to say that I find the whole Haaland thing baffling. He's such an enigma.

His goal stats are incredible but I watch him a lot and most games I'd say he's a 4 out of 10 at best, sometimes I'd go as low as a 2. As my father-in-law (who is a big fan of City and Pep) regularly says "he's not even a footballer".

He ghosts through games, doesn't have the greatest first touch and can't head the ball - but he scores loads of goals!

Last night in a free-flowing, open game he only had 20 touches, one shot on target, no dribbles (fair enough that's not what he's about), only six passes and lost possession seven times. That's a terrible contribution.

What can't be denied though is City are one hell of a team. It might not be as attractive to watch as Madrid, Arsenal or Liverpool but based on how much they've won it works. I still couldn't pick a winner to go through.

Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Three goals from outside the box . Great strikes but the City defensive discussion will go on .
    Overall , we are much better than the Spanish Man Utd . We should be confident . We were extremely vulnerable at stages tonight. Foden and Haaland were almost invisible but they came through in the end .
    You’d always be concerned with the players they have , but then you look at the players City have.

Haaland needs to learn to use his body more so players can play off him, this will bring him into the game more.

He’s 6 foot 4 with the hold up play and combativeness of someone how’s 5 foot 4 - the difference with how Kane played Gabriel and Saliba vs how he did a couple weeks back is night and day.

Once he learns that he will become a more complete player.

Reflecting this morning I'd say that's pretty much spot on. I have to say that I find the whole Haaland thing baffling. He's such an enigma.

His goal stats are incredible but I watch him a lot and most games I'd say he's a 4 out of 10 at best, sometimes I'd go as low as a 2. As my father-in-law (who is a big fan of City and Pep) regularly says "he's not even a footballer".

He ghosts through games, doesn't have the greatest first touch and can't head the ball - but he scores loads of goals!

Last night in a free-flowing, open game he only had 20 touches, one shot on target, no dribbles (fair enough that's not what he's about), only six passes and lost possession seven times. That's a terrible contribution.

What can't be denied though is City are one hell of a team. It might not be as attractive to watch as Madrid, Arsenal or Liverpool but based on how much they've won it works. I still couldn't pick a winner to go through.
    I would agree with this, if you did not know his goal history and watched his general play he is terrible, never gets involved in build up, can hardly pass the ball or dribble! but he does score a lot! I would play Alvarez.

As per the Arsenal game, Saka should have got a pen, he just didn't help himself with the way he went down but Neuer did catch him. If he just let Neuer hit his leg and fall over normally we would have got a pen. Sane was unplayable, was happy when he got taken off, no idea why City let him go, such a talent. We did not do enough, needed to get at their CB's more and try exploit them at the back, but we also left such huge gaps at the back, considering we had Rice and Jorginho playing the back 4 did not have enough cover at times.

That was never a penalty for Arsneal, and Saka, great player though he is, is a dirty, horrible cheat, the worst diver in the Premier League. The keeper didn't move, and Saka just chucked his leg at him and went over. He'd have had a decent chance to score if he'd stayed on his feet and actually tried to shoot. I hope they go out as a result.

A club can have a great season and get into the Europa, think Fulman, Burnley, Wolves, Brighton etc and the following season it takes its toll on the PL performances and position. I’ve never got the Thur/Sun thing verses Wed/Sat, but most clubs moan about it.

These clubs are also unlikely to win the Europa as you have bigger teams dropping down from the CL.

I remember Everton having a run in it and I said at the time I would have preferred them to have won one of the two domestic cups and miss out on Europe. We even got through the group stages playing teams that no one had heard of.

Master
    Saka should have been showed a red, he’s actually kicked the keeper there deliberately.

Arsenal needed to win tonight I feel. Bayern gave us the most problems up front we've faced all season. I think they'll have too much for us in Munich.

City should progress from the other tie.

Arsenal needed to win tonight I feel. Bayern gave us the most problems up front we've faced all season. I think they'll have too much for us in Munich.

City should progress from the other tie.
    I think we can go there and win so it’s not all over and done with.

Quote Originally Posted by j17ykp View Post
    I think we can go there and win so it’s not all over and done with.
    Agreed. Sane gave Kiwior all sorts of problems but otherwise I thought Arsenal were the better team.

Sent from my Pixel 7a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by gunner View Post
    Agreed. Sane gave Kiwior all sorts of problems but otherwise I thought Arsenal were the better team.

Sent from my Pixel 7a using Tapatalk
    Sané is one the few players who left City that I wish hadn’t. Amazing talent.

Master
    Kiwior was a poor choice at left back, his weakness was shown against Man City. It should have been Tomiyasu playing, as well as Trossard over Martinelli, Arsenal didn't lose and will be a different game in Germany.

Quote Originally Posted by classics View Post
    Kiwior was a poor choice at left back, his weakness was shown against Man City. It should have been Tomiyasu playing, as well as Trossard over Martinelli, Arsenal didn't lose and will be a different game in Germany.
    We couldn't cope with the pace of Sane. That's the way to fet past our defence I think - out and out pace. Most PL teams don't have that kind of pace - maybe only Liverpool and they caused us issues with it in all 3 matches we played against them.

Just watched the highlights of the Arsenal game back. Wow how on earth weren't Bayern given a penalty? Check it out. Goal kick to Arsenal. Ref blows whistle to take the kick. Raya passes it to Gabriel in the box who then picks it up and hands it back to Raya!!! It's crazy but that's an absolute stonewall penalty! Unreal

Master
    Just watched the highlights of the Arsenal game back. Wow how on earth weren't Bayern given a penalty? Check it out. Goal kick to Arsenal. Ref blows whistle to take the kick. Raya passes it to Gabriel in the box who then picks it up and hands it back to Raya!!! It's crazy but that's an absolute stonewall penalty! Unreal
    i also expected sane to go down when he and Odegaard crossed paths when he was clear through on a break away, there was a coming together and i think if he goes down its a red card.

Quote Originally Posted by cyrusir View Post
    i also expected sane to go down when he and Odegaard crossed paths when he was clear through on a break away, there was a coming together and i think if he goes down its a red card.
    We couldn't cope with Sane all night. We have a tough game against Villa at the weekend whereas Bayern can rest players as they've only got the CL to play for. We aren't going through.

We couldn't cope with Sane all night. We have a tough game against Villa at the weekend whereas Bayern can rest players as they've only got the CL to play for. We aren't going through.
    They are a good team, and have some world class players, kane, sane etc. Our lack of a top striker does show in the big games. With the way they played yesterday I have no idea how they are doing so badly in their league, still they have only lost 2 games at home all season. We could win but they are favourites.

Quote Originally Posted by NikGixer750 View Post
    They are a good team, and have some world class players, kane, sane etc. Our lack of a top striker does show in the big games. With the way they played yesterday I have no idea how they are doing so badly in their league, still they have only lost 2 games at home all season. We could win but they are favourites.
    Leverkusen must be a heck of a team. West Ham will find out I guess.

That must have been a pen for Munich! Gabriel picked the fricking ball up!

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Saka’s dive was embarrassing, reminded me of Jota’s against us.

I think it was a pen as Neuer moved towards the ball. But how Bayern weren't given a pen I'll never know it is the craziest decision I've seen.

Here's the link to the pen Bayern weren't given

https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/s/PkdPWEsd1z

You can heat the ref blew the whistle for the restart before Raya kicked it!

**Bruno Fernandes has entered the chat**

The ref for the Arsenal/Bayern game has been stripped of his next CL game for not awarding a pen for Saka.

The ref for the Arsenal/Bayern game has been stripped of his next CL game for not awarding a pen for Saka.
    And BMs one too presumably!

Liverpool need to step it up massively in the second half

Atalanta could have had 5 this half

How tall is Peter Crouch!

Well there goes that 5th place UCL spot!

Looks like Klopp's quadruple is going to end up as the Carabao Cup

Don't panic, bladdering happens next week!

If any team can, them scousers can!

Quote Originally Posted by xxnick1975 View Post
    Don't panic, bladdering happens next week!

If any team can, them scousers can!

No chance, they've mentally gone.

Arsenal will go out next week, City looked shaky against Madrid, Villa are in trouble, West Ham messed it up.

I thought the PL had the best teams in the world?

No chance, they've mentally gone.

Arsenal will go out next week, City looked shaky against Madrid, Villa are in trouble, West Ham messed it up.

I thought the PL had the best teams in the world?
    Yeah but mentally monsters and bladdering.

To be fair LFC do have a history of unlikely comebacks. Let's see. Whatever happens it will be fun.

The best league in the world is marketing guff, from Sky, talk sport and all the others milking football for all they can.

Truth is plenty of decent teams out there and as we all know what really matters is the 11 v 11 on the grass.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by xxnick1975 View Post
    Yeah but mentally monsters and bladdering.

To be fair LFC do have a history of unlikely comebacks. Let's see. Whatever happens it will be fun.

The best league in the world is marketing guff, from Sky, talk sport and all the others milking football for all they can.

Truth is plenty of decent teams out there and as we all know what really matters is the 11 v 11 on the grass.

No way Liverpool come back from this. Going away in Italy is way too big of an ask.

I'd be fearful for the Atalanta team bus at this time.

Master
    Just one of those games, we’ve dominated possession, had nearly double the shots but just looked off the pace.

Can see us going over there and winnng 4-0.

Actually don’t care either way, 2nd rate competition and been a horrendous watch all the way through. The standard of the Europa is woeful.

If this is a genuine post it sums up Liverpool fans to a tee. Pathetic.

If it’s tongue in cheek then it’s quite funny.

Just one of those games, we’ve dominated possession, had nearly double the shots but just looked off the pace.

Can see us going over there and winnng 4-0.

Actually don’t care either way, 2nd rate competition and been a horrendous watch all the way through. The standard of the Europa is woeful.

Master
    If this is a genuine post it sums up Liverpool fans to a tee. Pathetic.

If it’s tongue in cheek then it’s quite funny.
    It’s genuine.

I’ve said from the start of the season I’ve got no interest in the Europa league. It’s a second rate tournament and the bulk of the games are against dross.

I’m sure if the club could they wouldn’t choose to not be in it at the start of the season.

I’d rather win the FA cup / league cup that a Europa.

It’s genuine.

I’ve said from the start of the season I’ve got no interest in the Europa league. It’s a second rate tournament and the bulk of the games are against dross.

I’m sure if the club could they wouldn’t choose to not be in it at the start of the season.

I’d rather win the FA cup / league cup that a Europa.

But you supported the European Super League and said The League Cup should be scrapped .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro