closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tudor annoucement

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Please let it be the black FXD on a bracelet.
    Isn't that just a regular Pelagos?

Tudor annoucement

Quote Originally Posted by rico View Post
    Isn't that just a regular Pelagos?
    One is nicer than the other IMO and I prefer no date but I see your point.

Really what it would be closer to is a Pelagos 39 but a but bigger and less blinged bezel.

Master
    Had the chance to see these two plus the LHD and 39mm lined up side by side the other day. While the dimensions of the 39mm are great, the sheen on the dial and sunburst brushing on the bezel have made it too dressy and prissy, imo. Although a big fan of the design, if not the dimensions, of the original Pelagos, to my surprise I found I preferred the FXD. It looks the most no-nonsense, functional and toolish of the range to my eye and the bezel is less fussy in the flesh than I had feared. That said, too big for my wrist, and the fixed lugs strike me as a slightly pointless affectation that unnecessarily reduce wearing options.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    One is nicer than the other IMO and I prefer no date but I see your point.

Really what it would be closer to is a Pelagos 39 but a but bigger and less blinged bezel.

Quote Originally Posted by ColDaspin View Post
    Had the chance to see these two plus the LHD and 39mm lined up side by side the other day. While the dimensions of the 39mm are great, the sheen on the dial and sunburst brushing on the bezel have made it too dressy and prissy, imo. Although a big fan of the design, if not the dimensions, of the original Pelagos, to my surprise I found I preferred the FXD. It looks the most no-nonsense, functional and toolish of the range to my eye and the bezel is less fussy in the flesh than I had feared. That said, too big for my wrist, and the fixed lugs strike me as a slightly pointless affectation that unnecessarily reduce wearing options.
    Fully agree, the P39 is unnecessarily shiny. Had one and it didn’t last. I don’t like the FXD element of the FXD but do think it’s the nicest watch Tudor makes.

I am biased but the best watch Tudor have released in recent years as the original Pelagos
    It has minimal text and a better balanced dial with the lume at 3. Every other Pelagos has missed the mark in IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    I am biased but the best watch Tudor have released in recent years as the original Pelagos
    It has minimal text and a better balanced dial with the lume at 3. Every other Pelagos has missed the mark in IMO
    I used to think so, but the FXD has it for me, I sold my ETA Pelagos when I got the FXD. The lack of bracelet (which is not an issue for me as a strap user) is its only downfall, but I like the purity with which they went for the machined lugs design.
    I am also very smitten by the smaller version, and I have no doubt that we can expect several more iterations before they settle on the one that everyone wants.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Idontgram View Post

As above, ruined by fixed bars. It only serves to reduce the watch’s versatility. IF I was worried about springbar failure, I could just wear regular springbars on a nato, knowing that the chances of both bars failing at the same time is ludicrously small.
    I would normally agree but I was in swimming pool the other week and I swear, watch came off the NATO and both bars were held in place on the strap. In the pool the watch head was easily found. In a gravel pit or the North Sea where I swim outdoors, I'd never see it again.

Kills me to think I might be agreeing with Huertecilla

Master
    My FXD with fixed bars and my Panerai with screw bars are the only watches that I own that see swimming in pools and the sea. Spring bars are such a liability.

Quote Originally Posted by ColDaspin View Post
    They are certainly giving us plenty of options..!
    I don't understand the dressy comments around the 39-on the wrist to me I love the dull titanium and non shiny bezel, which makes me feel as though I can wear it in to the ground. The FXD was too big for me but I like the blue colour, and I would not like wearing a Nato all the time.
    The 39 is perfect for me-comfortable and size is spot on. The only issue is how they managed to make a T fit clasp that still doesn't fit some wrists (mine included). It has taken an Uncle Seiko half link to get the perfect fit, but now I'm happy. It is a great diver, and at a third of the price of a Sub pre owned you can't really go wrong.

The design of the t-fit clasp on the Pel39 where they made the adjustable length the same as a standard link (dumb idea) meant I couldn’t get a true micro-adjust on the length with the t-fit. I flipped the Pel39 in the end as I wasn’t happy with the uncle Seiko half link solution and the bracelet was either too loose or too tight on my wrist.

I might give the FXD a go but the lug to lug length is a concern as usually 50mm is my limit.

No Tudor watch has stuck with me so far for various reasons but mostly issues with the bracelets. Might take that out of the equation with the FXD I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by waser View Post
    The design of the t-fit clasp on the Pel39 where they made the adjustable length the same as a standard link (dumb idea) meant I couldn’t get a true micro-adjust on the length with the t-fit. I flipped the Pel39 in the end as I wasn’t happy with the uncle Seiko half link solution and the bracelet was either too loose or too tight on my wrist.
    This is the problem with the T-Clasp, it’s total nonsense and can still leave you between links and I ditched my P39 for the same reason. Easy-link gives a better fit than the T-Clasp does. Needs to be 1.5 links long or don’t bother.

Master
    I attended the Tudor event this evening. The goodie bag included these items which I dont want. Can anyone help me put a price on them to sell off ?

I have hardback books with the range of current watches and two Tudor branded caps.

If you can give me an idea of the asking price I will sell them off for the fund and cover postage, etc.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by joe narvey View Post
    If you can give me an idea of the asking price I will sell them off for the fund and cover postage, etc.
    ]
    No idea tbh but nice gesture - You could auction them….

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Zolawinston View Post
    No idea tbh but nice gesture - You could auction them….
    I’m trying to avoid the hassle. I’d rather just offer them and anyone interested pays into the fund and I’ll post.

Master
    I’m trying to avoid the hassle. I’d rather just offer them and anyone interested pays into the fund and I’ll post.
    Fair enough - eBay has 4 for sale at over £80 each! Not sold though..I would say £20 is about right given it’s for the FR possibly a bit more…

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Zolawinston View Post
    Fair enough - eBay has 4 for sale at over £80 each! Not sold though..I would say £20 is about right given it’s for the FR possibly a bit more…
    Wow, I just looked at eBay and they have someone selling a cap for £147 !!!

That’s ridiculous.

I got a cap last year at an event I went to. Had hardly any branding apart from at the back (& you couldn’t tell what it was). Actually came in handy.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Blog Entries
    Wow, I just looked at eBay and they have someone selling a cap for £147 !!!

That’s ridiculous.
    If you look at the last one sold it had 8 bids and ended at £14.50.

Asking prices on eBay mean nothing.

I’d say £20 is about right.

Master
    Thanks for the suggestions all. I’ve been receiving offers and don’t really want to get involved except for me packing and posting them off.

I’m going to hold them and wait until the next round of charity raffle.

Will be great to see a non-diver special release for once ..

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app