closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Ever heard of Wolbrook?

Ever heard of Wolbrook?

Have you ever heard of Wolbrook? They seem to be French and produce a range of nice looking dive watches inspired by those from the 60s & 70's.

An advert on Facebook led me to the watch above which reminded me of the Smith's Astral with that large arrow on the hour hand, and Seiko style case. If Eddie was to ever remake an Astral, the Wolbrook watch above looks like a good starting point for a modern take on it.

A fair few of us here have been buying Wolbrook for several years.

Master
    A few have turned up on SC over the last couple of years. I think pacifichrono has one.

I had one. Skin diver thing.
    Nothing wrong with them at the price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by notenoughwrists View Post
    I had one. Skin diver thing.
    Nothing wrong with them at the price.

Bought and sold it here

Master
    Have had my Skindiver since the Kickstarter, delivery was late 2020/early 2021 I can’t recall.
    Have been very pleased with it, don’t often wear it, but it has a pleasing vintage charm to it when I do. Cracking for the money and I’ve pondered several more since, just never found quite the right one. I have the Douglas, a re-issue of Neil Armstrong’s watch as a test pilot.

Craftsman
    I had the Douglas - Neil Armstrong limited edition, excellent value for the money. Mine had the non-hacking 8000 series movement but they are now hacking. The movement is regulated and mine ran at +3 secs per day. Finishing was good for the price and mine had a lovely plexiglass crystal. I sold it about nine months ago, during one of my futile downsizing exercises and wish I'd kept it now.

Master
    I saw their rather snazzy kickstarter campaign back in 2020 and signed up for the Neil Armstrong edition. It's a nicely finished watch - mine has one of those mechaquartz movements that takes a battery but offers you a sweeping hand. It doesn't feel particularly substantial but the quality vs. price equation is solid and I wouldn't be concerned about putting your money down if you've seen something you like. No complaints here...

SGR

Quote Originally Posted by StuartGR View Post
    I saw their rather snazzy kickstarter campaign back in 2020 and signed up for the Neil Armstrong edition. It's a nicely finished watch - mine has one of those mechaquartz movements that takes a battery but offers you a sweeping hand. It doesn't feel particularly substantial but the quality vs. price equation is solid and I wouldn't be concerned about putting your money down if you've seen something you like. No complaints here...

SGR
    I'd never come across the Douglas / Neil Armstrong story, I guess Omega, like Rolex have their own narrative when it comes to historical events.

I'm surprised that it took until 2019 for someone to resurrect the brand. They certainly look like they've done a nice job in bringing back some interesting looking watches.

Looks like I'll be heading down an eBay rabbit hole to see what the vintage pieces are all about.

Any further south and i would have wet feet
    Had a couple and they are aesthetically pleasing but I find the movements rather loud and scratchy so sold them on.

My very first watch a Christmas present early 60s approaching 60 years old.. still very much working not keeping brilliant time and definitely could do with a service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveM112 View Post

My very first watch a Christmas present early 60s approaching 60 years old.. still very much working not keeping brilliant time and definitely could do with a service.
    Love that and the story

Craftsman
    Here’s my modern re-edition next to an original from the late 60s. The new version is 40mm diameter, and the original about 36.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by YCymro View Post
    Here’s my modern re-edition next to an original from the late 60s. The new version is 40mm diameter, and the original about 36.

Little n Large, great you've got both old and new.

Sent from my SM-A217F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SteveM112 View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Very cool and still in good nick. Get it serviced and wear it again!

Journeyman
    Looking at picking up the Mecha Quartz Outrider if anybody has first hand experience?

Sent from my SM-A217F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by notenoughwrists View Post
    Bought and sold it here

Pretty sure I bought it off you. I still have it. Very nice watch for the money.