closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: The Reusable I'm Thinking of Buying a Car Thread....

Threaded View

Reusable I'm Thinking of Buying a Car Thread....

It's been a while since we had a car thread, maybe 10 or even 20 minutes. Hence I thought I'd rekindle the fire with my own pondering, and leave it open for others if amenable, too.

Here's the object of my current whim:

A Jeep Grand Cherokee, from 2006. This one has the ideal engine for Tokyo's urban jungle:

A frugal 5.7L V8 hemi. And by frugal, I mean 'makes the 6000SUX look impressive'

Other info, well, like a lot of cars on Japanese roads, it has spent most of its 17 years doing nothing but being occasionally challenged by a giant duster. This example having covered 47,000Km since new. Condition is therefore quite close to original. That is to say, fairly ropey. Well by BMW/Merc/Audi standards, but this is an old boot after all.

It may surprise you to learn, given my evident eye for quality, that I know little about cars.

Seriously, a 2006 car... even though little used, it's going to be a disaster right? I never do many many miles a year, so it would be occasional use really, but I don't have a workshop, so at a minimum, it needs to start and have enough left in it to get to the nearest garage.

Hence to the TZ-UK hive mind to get a view on whether this is madness, genius, or I have achieved some new level of stupid...
    Last edited by Tokyo Tokei; 30th April 2024 at 03:01.