closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: D. Dornblüth & Sohn

Hybrid View

Really like that, I'm not going to check the price though, but as you say it's worth the money and I believe you. Gorgeous, a real heirloom piece

Master
    Blog Entries
    Simply stunning piece.

Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    Their prices have gone up a bit recently (like so many other brands) but price wise I would say they are around the Glashutte Original price bracket.
    I’m not sure about that, unless prices have changed a lot in the last 2 years

My 99.1M with the hand engraved and filled silver dial was £4266 ex tax and was delivered 12 months ago after a 14 month wait. The closest GO is the time only Senator Excellence, £8600 in today’s money.

D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by helidoc View Post

My 99.1M with the hand engraved and filled silver dial was £4266 ex tax and was delivered 12 months ago after a 14 month wait. The closest GO is the time only Senator Excellence, £8600 in today’s money.

D

My mistake,

Dornbluth prices may have gone up but GO have gone up more

Dont take my comment as a criticism of the brand I will always love Dornbluth.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by helidoc View Post

D

My mistake,

Dornbluth prices may have gone up but GO have gone up more

Dont take my comment as a criticism of the brand I will always love Dornbluth.

Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    Their prices have gone up a bit recently (like so many other brands) but price wise I would say they are around the Glashutte Original price bracket. That being said you are getting a watch made to that standard for YOU. Aside from the quality of the watch its being made to your specifications and you can have a watch that literally nobody else has. Yes, there is a bit of a wait but to me its a genuine wait to have something of quality built for you not some nonsense "wait list" During order of my second there was a delay which they apologised for as a number of their watchmakers were sick! I just love that, sorry for the delay the chap building your watch is unwell at the moment. I of course wrote back to them to say not a problem get well soon. When my watch arrived a note in the box read "Thank you for your understanding"

Its stuff like this that puts Dornbluth a cut above the rest. How many high end watchmakers send you pictures of the progress of your watch being built?
    That's amazing, real bespoke service.

I love the watch in the op, the personal touches are so well done, the watch oozes class and looks to be beautifully made.

Craftsman

Thanks all for your extremely kind and generous comments :)

There is a v good review of the brand here: https://youtu.be/moPHxraLIyA?si=4Th1jJr39F85OYmZ

sweets, the strap is indeed Geckota, but is ostrich and must have been specially made for them as I don't see it listed on their site.

robert75, yes I noticed they have gone up recently, but I feel they are still a complete bargain for what you get. Mine was locked in at the price I was given 20 months ago, so they are completely fair to buy from. I agree with your comments about the company & the quality of their watches btw.

onelastime, the background in that pic is a Lego Taj Mahal model and a candlestick holder in shot on the left.

Quote Originally Posted by JasH View Post

onelastime, the background in that pic is a Lego Taj Mahal model and a candlestick holder in shot on the left.
    I knew it was brilliant