closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Car Insurance Shock!

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    Shopping around takes time, but so easy to give a comparison site such as Confused.com a whirl every year. And it takes 5 mins. That is my level of shopping around.

Plus you also get a chunk of cash back every year via Quidco or TopCashback making the savings even greater.
    That’s all I do. All the details are already loaded in the account so just click go.

Always do it 20-26 days before renewal is due. It’s a tip from MSE and it works.

One more data point - 52 (nearly)-y-o, 2016 Mazda MX-5. Full NCB, no convictions.

Last year, with Ageas, £375 fully comp. This year, their renewal price was £537, an increase of 42%.

Five minutes on Go Compare, and I'm now with AVIVA and it cost me £283, still fully comp, a reduction of 25%.

To say that I'm pleased is an understatement - I was preparing to have my pants pulled down.

Mentioned earlier in the thread that my insurance for our Polo had gone down £10.00 with Aviva, but was apprehensive for the Abarth. Well that’s gone down too by £8.00 to £161.00. Not complaining and puts the motivation to sell it on hold for now.

Blog Entries
    Renewal from DL came in for wife's Audi TT Roadster; was £185 last year (max no claims, 5000pa mileage etc). This year it's £305 for the same.

Time to shop around.