Hi All,
I've been listening a lot to stuff I have on my ipod classic at the moment, mainly music but also the odd podcast and audio book. Trouble is in the house I can't hear the phone or the door or even people asking for assistance with something when I have the earphones in. I've been toying with the idea of connecting them up to a set of speakers and an amp to solve this problem.

I have some older mission 700s ( or possibly even maybe 701s or 702s, the bookshelf ones not the floorstanders, I'll check which they are when I get home ) and cable, both of which I got from Richer Sounds a loooong time ago, that I have always really liked the sound of. The Classic has no bluetooth so I'd need ipod to amp cable connectivity (I think !)

Any hifi buffs on here care to recommend an amp, or something else that will do the job of joining the Classic and Speakers together ? I think the ipod / amp connectivity may be the crux / stumbling block of the matter here, but I'm no expert.

Cheers, Richie

Please excuse me if I am missing something glaringly obvious here ! I don't want to use bluetooth speakers as I love the sound of the missions. TIA