closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How did you mark your milestone birthdays?

65th walked out of work for the last time, LOVE retirement :)

Master
    30th: Just me.

40th: With the kids.

50th: I'll let you know in two years' time.

I'm not one for celebrating my birthdays.

I don't like a fuss but for my 60th my son took me to Istanbul for a few days which was memorable. He also arranged this which was great:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Thewatchbloke View Post
    I don't like a fuss but for my 60th my son took me to Istanbul for a few days which was memorable. He also arranged this which was great:

Does the second hand hit the markers and does the bezel align? Plus I think the lugs have been polished (off)?

Joking aside - that's great! Congratulations.

40th this year and will spend it with my wife and son. No interest in fuss or large celebrations. I’ll catch wider family and friends as I would normally at any other time of year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

40th - various events with school chums (we were all 40 that year) so:
    Went to see England play Australia in the Ashes tour at Old Trafford
    Stayed at a restaurant with rooms for a gourmet break
    Went to Le Mans and watched Audi win (again)
    Got a Speedmaster Split Seconds from the Mrs.
    Bought myself a DSLR camera

50th
    Track day - drove a DB9, Audi R8 v10 spider, Lamborghini Gallardo and Nissan GTR plus a passenger lap or two in an Arial Atom

60th - next year (OH is 50 so double celebration)
    Current plan is a trip to Japan :-)

Cheers,

Mark C

21st - 40th - can't remember (i used to drink a lot).
    50th - round the back of The Ebrington Arms, Kirkby-on-Bain, in my much-loved Austin Paralanian luxury motorhome

60th onwards - can't remember ( I used to drink a lot).

Craftsman
    18th - party in a nightclub in Chester-le-Street that wasn't overly concerned about under age drinking, booze snogging and vomit
    21st - houseparty in Newcastle, booze, snogging and vomit
    30th- long weekend in Amsterdam, booze and 'coffee shops'
    40th - week in New York with her indoors, touristy/cultural stuff/lovely food with a Broadway play and Salsa club thrown in
    50th - week in Venice with her indooors touristy/cultural stuff, food and canals
    60th - slap up feed with pals in a posh restaurant in Glasgow

Cheers

Ian

Blog Entries
    18. Now that was something: David Bowie's concert in my home town. We went with a group of friends, and they'd paid for my ticket. (A sister of a class mate walked up to the stage after the concert, when everybody went for the exits. She climbed on the stage and started playing Bowie's songs on the grand piano. The road crew and security let her play! I guess that her good looks must have helped).

21: In the Army. I think I got drunk with my mates I guess... but I cannot remember that.

30: No idea; the same goes for 40, 50, 60 and my upcoming 66th b'day in May will be one of a kind as well. In hindsight, my 18th b'day was the most special one of them all.
    Last edited by thieuster; 28th March 2024 at 00:48.

Quote Originally Posted by boris9 View Post
    40th this year and will spend it with my wife and son. No interest in fuss or large celebrations. I’ll catch wider family and friends as I would normally at any other time of year.

This is similar to me, I have zero interest in gatherings of family, etc...

I'm 40 in May and will be in Cyprus. My mum's parents were both born and grew up there. On the day itself I'll visit my nan's village; it's very small and has less than 10 inhabitants but has a cafe so I'll grab some food there with SWMBO and my boy who will be 2 a week after by b'day.

I also intend to make a kitchen knife. Various bladesmiths give 1 or 2 day courses. It's something that people can contribute towards if they're hellbent on getting me something.

Sent from my Pixel 8 using Tapatalk

I find birthdays meaningless really, other people try to get me to mark them but i dont see the big deal.

I dont want to be 40 lol and I spent being 18 worried about jobs, education and girls so life sucked back then too.

60th was a lovely Aqua Terra from Mrs L. She is 60 this year so planning a trip to either USA or Waterloo battlefield.

40th: Didn't buy the motorbike I'd saved up for as Mrs Gyp spent the money on a holiday that I'm told I wanted

50th: Had a surprise meal out with a load of my friends. The biggest surprise at the end of the night was that I was footing the bill.

60th: Not sure, but I think I can see a trend.

You’re almost there Gyp, just the wrong person is getting bent over.

18 - with my mates at chinese restaurant and then off to a disco where they sprayed me with champagne.
    50 - it was a surprise party couple of months past the date. I didn't have to do anything, it was brilliant. And I got a free watch! Glycine combat sub 42 in blue and gilt dial.

and yeah