1st world problem. I have a Seadweller (16600) which I bought new in 2001. For the last couple of years I’ve not worn it much as I have got used to slightly bigger watches.

I’ve thought about maybe getting a newer 126600 43mm one, which would mean selling mine and putting money to. Best I good get would be a s/h one which seems the going rate is about £10 to £11k.

What I don’t know is how much I should expect for mine. Collectors dream, 1 owner from new (me), never been passed around the trade, absolutely everything it came with new and never been opened or polished. In extremely good condition bar a very, very faint scratch on the crystal. I’m thinking £8k is not unreasonable for mine but I really don’t know.

Would I be better selling privately or doing a p/ex deal with someone like Watchfinder?

The other thing is my 16600 has been with me for over 20yrs and it’s a bit like an old friend, but should I keep it if not wearing much.

I’m sure the collective expertise on the forum could help me decide wether to keep a very nice vintage ish piece which I’ve owned from new, or go for a modern piece which will cost me money