closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Airboot/Moonboot advice for injury

Craftsman

Airboot/Moonboot advice for injury

I’ve tried searching previous threads (particularly the running one) for information on this but without success so I’m hoping someone can offer advice.

Basically, I injured my toe (sounds trivial I know but strangely debilitating) last summer whilst playing squash and it still hasn’t recovered. We moved house just before this happened and I’ve been busy with digging up the garden, stripping wallpaper, decorating, walking round various shops to buy additional/replacement things that we needed, all of which meant I’ve not been able to fully rest my foot, which I’m convinced hasn’t helped my recovery. I have however not done any serious exercise since this happened apart from the above mentioned activities.

After seeing a physio last week, he wasn’t sure if it’s an injured tendon in my second toe or spraining of the PIP joint of the same toe. The results of an X-ray have ruled out a stress fracture. Wearing shoes help the discomfort as that area of my foot is cushioned and presumably supported.

I’ve researched various treatments and although rest is helpful, it isn’t always possible due to all the things we have going on. Ice helps with pain reduction. I’ve tried buddy taping but things still hurt. Therefore, I’m considering buying a airboot/post op shoe with supported toe section that will allow my toe injury to hopefully heal as it will not be constantly used.

Has anyone ever used one of these and did you find it helpful? As always, any suggestions, thoughts, comments and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master

Airboot/Moonboot advice for injury

My partner used one of these for an ankle injury.

They cost £120 ( her private healthcare covered it ). She’s now fixed and this is no longer needed. It’s size Small ( she a size 5), but as you see the front of open.

Your welcome to try it if you like ( I can post , etc).

Craftsman
    Thank you very much for your kind offer.
    It’s good to know it worked for your partner. From the research I’ve done, I think I’ll need a slightly different shoe or boot so will politely decline for now but thank you all the same.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app