closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Tudor Lost Its Sparkle?

Hybrid View

Craftsman
    I was on the list for a year for the panda BB chronograph . When I got it I was thrilled. However I find myself wearing it less and less.

Not sure if my taste has changed, but it feels too big and too thick now. Previously it didn’t bother me as I have a relatively large wrist.

So beginning to wonder if I got suckered into the hype at the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Linc View Post
    Not sure if my taste has changed, but it feels too big and too thick now. Previously it didn’t bother me as I have a relatively large wrist.

So beginning to wonder if I got suckered into the hype at the time.
    Perhaps 2024 just feels different. Fancy watches make sense when times are good and life’s a party. I’m not sure anyone’s feeling like that just now. Big and bold watches in particular may seem out of place, when bargain hunting in Aldi or looking over your shoulder nervously in Soho. My tastes tend towards the subtle and easily hidden this year.

Journeyman
    Have considered these in the past, but will play the long game with my Rolex AD

Master
    Modern Tudor? Perhaps, a little, but couldn’t the same be said for the majority of modern watch offerings from a whole host of different brands?
    Vintage Tudor is a different story [imho anyways] and they retain the ‘kudos’ they’ve enjoyed for decades now. YMMV

I think Tudor has hit a home run with the BB54. The rest of the range I find Meh 🫤 but the BB54, quality, classic, heritage, vintage, modern build quality,, great value. Perfect watch to wear and enjoy and not be scared to wear.

Of the current range, I only really like the Pelagos.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

I think they are doing their job very well.
    Yes, micro brands will give you more spec for less money, but this is a genuinely big brand, and Tudor gives you more than many smaller brands for the money.
    Personally I think Tudor is a master stroke for the Rolex company.
    Rolex have enticed people like Omega further and further up the price scale (and to be fair, Omega gives more new tech than almost every other brand for the money), but then pitched Tudor firmly underneath them, keeping market share from them on both sides.
    I do find it slightly frustrating that Tudor teases us all with better and better models each year, without actually producing the ones we really want.
    Of the modern Tudor I have had an ETA Pelagos, Pelagos FXD and BB GMT. The FX is truly excellent (and the only one of the 3 I still own), and will only be replaced if they do a true sub update, which I think they eventually will release, maybe for the Sub's centenary in 2054 or so.