closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Possible 3 watch final collection?

Threaded View

Possible 3 watch final collection?

Okay, so this is far from the first 3 watch collection thread in the world, but its my personal stab at one.
    My love of anything bigger than about 36mm non diver or 38mm diver has been ruined by my recent acquisition of a CWC fatboy reissue from an honorable TZ member.
    To that end I've assembled these three as a possible three watch collection that will cover all bases (for me at least).
    My basic criteria include vintage styling without vintage issues, dimensions as above, 3 handers (I neither like nor need complications), and for each of them to have their own individual place in my life.
    So first the CWC. This is my daily wearer and knocking about watch, I won't use the word beater as I would take it off for anything too potentially damaging. It's 36mm, quartz with no date, so great pick up and go-ability. It also scratches my military itch.
    Second, the 1959 reissue Alpinist. I don't need an actual dress watch but do need smart casual fairly regularly. 36.5mm, auto, date (could do without that and much has been written about Seiko's inclusion of the feature, but it is what it is), auto movement, 100m WR. Alongside smart casual wear it also scratches my vintage itch.
    Third, the Timefactors Smiths Commander, sourced here on sc as a trade against my Willard. 38mm, auto, no date, 300m WR. Works alongside the Alpinist for smart casual wear and also scratches my dive watch itch.
    Will these three be my exit watches? I doubt it as I'm a fully paid up member of the flippers society. But if I had to stick with three for the rest of my days, these could easily do the job.
    Last edited by Ruggertech; 3rd March 2024 at 23:20.