closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: The Gentlemen

Hybrid View

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ben4watches View Post
    that’s a shame, terrestrial tv only for me
    Only have terrestrial like yourself but never watch it. Mrs Nealy... likes the 'Chase & A Place in the Sun, Antiques roadshow, but that's it. I would happily live without T.V.
    Waterstones gives me everything I need.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

2 episodes in, thanks to this thread making me aware of its existence. Typical Guy Ritchie and very much enjoying it

Watched the first two yesterday, and ended up bingeing the rest this evening.

I thought Vinnie Jones was excellent. I enjoyed the nod to Snatch, and imagined a nod the the Fast Show's Ted and Ralph.

As an aside, Joely Richardson's voice really reminded me of someone else, but I couldn't place it. Any ideas?

Blog Entries
    Three episodes in and at best it’s ok typical Ritchie which is again ok over the length of a film but will probably stick with it
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Grand Master
    It’s basically the film stretched into 8 hours
    RIAC

Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    It’s basically the film stretched into 8 hours
    Sorry, in my opinion you're wrong. Different writers to the film and after episode 2, three different directors, with different styles.

Granted, it does have similarities, but Ritchie wanted to make a second film and Netfix wanted it to be a series, the Studio won. So it had to be set up to work over multiple episodes
    Personally I think it improves after Ritchie left the production

There are some great scenes coming up in future episodes, stick with it, I think you're in for a very good series

Journeyman
    Added to my list - thanks!

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by johnboy9876 View Post
    Sorry, in my opinion you're wrong. Different writers to the film and after episode 2, three different directors, with different styles.

Granted, it does have similarities, but Ritchie wanted to make a second film and Netfix wanted it to be a series, the Studio won. So it had to be set up to work over multiple episodes
    Personally I think it improves after Ritchie left the production

There are some great scenes coming up in future episodes, stick with it, I think you're in for a very good series

Im not saying I don’t like it, its a lot of ripped scenes from other movies of Ritchie but to be fair a lot of Ritchie movies have scenes ripped from 70’s comedy.

Well filmed, good to watch on a wet day
    RIAC