closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Home office reno and desk set-up

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    It was meant to be tongue in cheek...all the best to you, hope you´re on the mend.
    It was actually a fair point. Yes, doing okay, thanks.

Master
    Skier - having said "wow" - can I ask how facing the window works for you (or anyone else out there)? I have a medium-sized office at home. Currently the desk faces a wall at a right angle to the window, since it seemed sensible to keep the window (and radiator beneath it) clear. I've been contemplating moving the desk to face the window, which would liberate the lower half of one wall for more shelving - I could then face the window with shelving on all three sides behind me.

But if you google optimal desk location everyone seems to say don't face a window [a] because of possible eye strain, too bright etc, and [b] distraction. Thoughts and experiences on window-facing desks would be welcome ...

Quote Originally Posted by Tom-P View Post
    Skier - having said "wow" - can I ask how facing the window works for you (or anyone else out there)? I have a medium-sized office at home. Currently the desk faces a wall at a right angle to the window, since it seemed sensible to keep the window (and radiator beneath it) clear. I've been contemplating moving the desk to face the window, which would liberate the lower half of one wall for more shelving - I could then face the window with shelving on all three sides behind me.

But if you google optimal desk location everyone seems to say don't face a window [a] because of possible eye strain, too bright etc, and [b] distraction. Thoughts and experiences on window-facing desks would be welcome ...
    The simple answer would be a blind, I'd have thought.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    The simple answer would be a blind, I'd have thought.
    Correct. The window in the photograph faces east so in the mornings the blind is closed until the sun shifts and I can let more light in.