closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Home office reno and desk set-up

Hybrid View

This threads given me a kick up the arse to get mine sorted. Had a big change around last year but decided I want the top shelves gone and a fresh coat of paint

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by leo1790 View Post
    This threads given me a kick up the arse to get mine sorted. Had a big change around last year but decided I want the top shelves gone and a fresh coat of paint

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
    What colour are you going for?

Very frustrated that my son’s out of action for a few days. The painting is going to have to wait, but so are the new (black) bookshelves and relocating the TV. Actually, I may try the latter when Bea’s not around
    Last edited by learningtofly; 1st April 2024 at 20:01.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    What colour are you going for?

Very frustrated that my son’s out of action for a few days. The painting is going to have to wait, but so are the new (black) bookshelves and relocating the TV. Actually, I may try the latter when Bea’s not around
    Frustrating having to wait for something eh!

Please don’t try it alone, weight won’t be the issue but the positioning, strain and trying to hold & mount it. If I was closer I’d pop over to help.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    Frustrating having to wait for something eh!

Please don’t try it alone, weight won’t be the issue but the positioning, strain and trying to hold & mount it. If I was closer I’d pop over to help.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Nice thought, Matt, thank you. No, if I did it myself I’d probably end up back in hospital (I’m not mean to lift anything heavy for another four weeks).
    Last edited by learningtofly; 1st April 2024 at 20:22.

Master
    Few changes, logitech mx mech keyboard and mouse arrived, oakywood shelf (went natural oak as walnut would be too dark, my desk is oak with a medium stain, i think it works better than black aswell but open to thoughts!), waiting on a desk pad and have rewired everything, still a few errant wires but they cant all be hidden without a lot more work so ok for now! Also centered the monitors with the wall behind!

Last edited by cyrusir; 3rd April 2024 at 11:05.

Quote Originally Posted by cyrusir View Post
    Few changes, logitech mx mech keyboard and mouse arrived, oakywood shelf (went natural oak as walnut would be too dark, my desk is oak with a medium stain, i think it works better than black aswell but open to thoughts!), waiting on a desk pad and have rewired everything, still a few errant wires but they cant all be hidden without a lot more work so ok for now! Also centered the monitors with the wall behind!

Nice job - that's a huge improvement. I'd suggest a BenQ Halo lightbar instead of the freestanding light, though, which would free up a chunk of desk real estate as well.

No need for a couple of small speakers for some quality music/audio?
    Last edited by learningtofly; 3rd April 2024 at 13:01.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Nice job - that's a huge improvement. I'd suggest a BenQ Halo screenbar instead of the freestanding light, though, which would free up a chunk of desk real estate as well.

No need for a couple of small speakers for some quality music/audio?
    cheers, yes ill probably get some speakers at some point but they will need to be small! and i agree the lamp is probably sub optimal, i just happen to have it as my wife doesnt have anywhere for it inside and its a nice lamp but a halo would be more aesthetically please and more useful as well.