I don’t see higher mileage cars as an issue, they are best being used bs sat still on a driveway, I’ve had 2 issues on solenoids from low use over a winter period; one bank one year, the other the following. Perhaps I was just unlucky.

We got both of ours through Ashgood near Heathrow and they are fantastic to deal with, and very fair when it came to putting a price on our trade-ins.

Having driven my FILs Porsches over the years I know what you mean about the pace the new ones are capable of. Last year he had a new 992 GTS cab, and that seemed ridiculous vs his 991. He now has a Turbo S but yet to drive it. For me, they are also massive cars now vs what the started out as, combined with the speed isn’t a fast car for lanes and country roads anymore.

We have a base Boxster and a Cayman GTS both of the 981 model, which for me was the last of the best sounding engines. The 718 sounds flat to me, even the 4.0 GTS doesn’t make the hairs on my neck stand up.

Base model is great fun, can rev it out without being silly, the GTS is a different beast entirely in how it feels and the pace / way it builds it rapidly - try to drive a base and an S and see which you prefer.

The infotainment system is a bit dated, if mine were a daily I’d get a magic box fitted that turns the screen to car play compatible if you have an iPhone. Aside from that, no issues if this were a daily, before lockdown my wife used hers on a 60 mile round trip commute and never complained about lack of comfort etc.

So many extras were available for these cars from new, I wish we’d got my wife’s car with the switchable exhaust as we both love mine when on a spirited drive with the crackles and bangs. Switchable suspension is always on softest as our roads are awful, auto dimming lights are a bit low tech bs modern matrix lights, but well worth getting the upgraded lights from the standard halogen as makes a huge difference.

The only thing I wish I had was the full electrically seats as I’m really fussy with my driving position and like to hone it in; hate it when a mechanic or MOT person moves my seat.

No longer use the Porsche network for servicing as their prices and options are a joke; £600 minor service and presented with £5k of optional stuff! We now use Northway Porsche on the A4 near Theale; a full service of fluids, plugs, belts etc was £800 and you get to speak with the person who is working on your car.

Budget wise I think north of £40k will get you a lovely example based on what I’ve looked at, and I keep looking. When I was last with Northway their view was to get the best 981 GTS model you can as they don’t make them like that anymore - and it’s interesting as aside from upgrading the wife’s to a GTS we struggle to think what the next cars will be, and that’s not something we have usually struggled with before.

Good luck, whichever you decide on ultimately I’m sure you will be over the moon with. It just feels special in a way your current car never will.