closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New white divers

Hybrid View

My favourite bit is where they've used smaller markers at 3, 6 and 9 to allow room for the numbers but then left the numbers out. CWC seem to be doing their best to fuck things right up over the past few years.

If you read the description on their website for this model carefully, I think you'll see they give the reason for omitting minute markers and the 3-6-9 numerals from the dial.

https://www.cwcwatch.com/collections...tch-white-dial

Not specifically, that is, but one bullet point lists the "minimalist dial design".

It's a deliberate aesthetic choice.

Whether one likes that choice or not is a matter for the individual.

As regards the pheon rather than "QUARTZ" text, is this CWC's current policy for quartz models which have no military heritage but are entirely new models? The quartz T20 so-called "Lost Boy" has the pheon, as did the original white dial "Subhunter" G10 (though a later batch for some reason changed to "QUARTZ"). Perhaps it depends how they think it looks on the dial at the time the design is signed off rather than it being a consistent policy, I don't know!

Quote Originally Posted by TF23 View Post
    If you read the description on their website for this model carefully, I think you'll see they give the reason for omitting minute markers and the 3-6-9 numerals from the dial.

https://www.cwcwatch.com/collections...tch-white-dial

Not specifically, that is, but one bullet point lists the "minimalist dial design".

It's a deliberate aesthetic choice.

Whether one likes that choice or not is a matter for the individual.

As regards the pheon rather than "QUARTZ" text, is this CWC's current policy for quartz models which have no military heritage but are entirely new models? The quartz T20 so-called "Lost Boy" has the pheon, as did the original white dial "Subhunter" G10 (though a later batch for some reason changed to "QUARTZ"). Perhaps it depends how they think it looks on the dial at the time the design is signed off rather than it being a consistent policy, I don't know!
    Which is all fine, but it still looks cack.

Quote Originally Posted by TF23 View Post
    If you read my post carefully, I think you'll see my criticism was not the omission of the 3, 6 and 9 numerals, but the stubby markers at those positions. I'll tell you exactly why they've got stubby little markers there: because the machinery or code or whatever it is, already exists and they were too lazy or didn't want to spend the money on making them a sensible size.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Hotel View Post
    If you read my post carefully, I think you'll see my criticism was not the omission of the 3, 6 and 9 numerals, but the stubby markers at those positions. I'll tell you exactly why they've got stubby little markers there: because the machinery or code or whatever it is, already exists and they were too lazy or didn't want to spend the money on making them a sensible size.

I strongly suspect you're right about this - I first thought it looked like an omitted layer in the printing image, but lazy cheapskatery seems more likely. Some similar omissions on E9 and Tamar models, too... Yuk!

Craftsman
    Anyone good enough on photoshop to mock one up with the minute track and numbers re-instated ?