closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Nice drop of red

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    Always difficult to compete with wine producing countries who apply very little tax, when a UK bottle has a minimum duty and Vat of circa £3.50, and then has to be shipped to destination.

I am amazed, if you pick carefully, just what quality value you can get in the U.K. for reasonable cost.
    Hey, no, I´m happy you still can, it´s just about the only remaining pleasure my old mans got.

Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    Hey, no, I´m happy you still can, it´s just about the only remaining pleasure my old mans got.
    That, and visiting you in Spain, I am sure.

Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    That, and visiting you in Spain, I am sure.
    Sadly Mum´s Alz-dementia has put an end to that, last visit here was ´22, they came with my Sis, Ma struggled somewhat ...the old boy is old school, won´t be a burden, wouldn´t come again ´´not with things the way they are´´. Ma´s just been sent home from hospital, broke her hip about 3 weeks back...the ´´care package´´ sounds somewhat sketchy, but she´ll be happier at home and i guess they needed the bed...it´s just whether the old man can cope with her more reduced state...the Carers in his house will take some readjustment, he´s like me or vice versa, territorial.

Sorry thread deviation. House wine here is Thader a blend of monastrell, tempranillo and Cab Sauv from a bodega up the road in Jumilla, we´ve done a tasting or 2 there... though it´s sold in Mercadona, 3.80 euro...I dunno how they do it,
    Last edited by Passenger; 30th March 2024 at 00:01.