Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
Do cyclist run red lights? I believe the answer is unmistakably yes, very often. So it was legitimate in the thread.
It then moved on to riding in group issues, clearly outside the initial scope of the thread.

But when you stepped in the question for you really might have been do you ride in medium to large groups? If yes, you read about the hostility their disdain for other users creates. Individual cyclists blocking cars are waving the proverbial red rag to the type of people they should try and win to their side.
If no, maybe ignoring it would have been better, but maybe not. We shall never know.
No real dog in this fight (I cycle, motorbike and drive), but I remember on the news a few years back in London as a cyclist you’re statistically safer to ignore red lights and make your own mind up.

Probably something to do with all the cyclists not understanding HGVs and becoming statistics themselves when a HGV is at the front of a red light and turns left on green.

One example-type only however and nothing to do with group cycling or the majority of examples given in this thread.