Quote Originally Posted by andy100 View Post
Excuse the bad pic, but this is my C6 Kingfisher - one of CWs first offerings in quartz, and the first logo I believe. I don't wear it anymore as it's too big and heavy for my liking, but style wise I still much prefer it over anything that CW have done since.

Yes, that was the first logo also my preferred one. I had a pilot watch with that logo and their sector watch which I think was probably their best designed one but at 44mm was just too big and ended up selling it.

I must have had about 4 or 5 CW watches over the years and sold all of them. I just got sick and tired of the endless brand change, new logo, new direction etc I just felt like a marketing guinea pig, probably a lesson there for Bremont.

Regarding what Bremont offer and what many micro brands offer I think thats pretty much standard now. Gone are the days when things like enamel dials, hardened cases are finished. There was a time when exotic dials were found on higher end micro brands now you can find them everywhere. CW are charging over a grand for a watch with a avventuria dial, you can get one with bracelet and rubber strap from Venezianico for about £800.

The new Bremont watches look a little like some of the Hamiton military watches that have come out its a shame they have dropped the ice hard cases though.