closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Bremont - what have they done?

Hybrid View

Grand Master

Bremont - what have they done?

Thats alot of investment for a rental!

But to be honest, that’s the majority of the luxury watch world they’re all fur coat and no knickers. guys cutting about in big fancy watches and cars that are leased and houses they don’ not own. All false fame and fortune
    RIAC

Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    Thats alot of investment for a rental!
    depends on how it's been arranged. Who paid for the build and how is the lease arranged? Might well be better financially for a business to lease a building rather than buy it outright. It's been designed and built with Bremont in mind from the outset. The machining area within the building is actually quite small given Bremonts original aspirations and it was mentioned that there was land behind the Wing for a secondary manufacturing premises when needed. I presume that won't be happening now.

what's curious to me, regardless of the rebrand or the aesthetics of the new releases is that right up until Cerratos appearance and the investment from Ackman, Bremont were pushing the manufacturing angle in a big way. The new movement, case manufacturing - in fact I believe that both the case and bracelet for the Supernova were Bremont manufactured (?), rotor manufacturing etc. It seems that's all been thrown by the wayside which is a very odd move.

Well, Ackman insisted he invested personally, and on a long term basis, having privately bought some of their watches in the Mayfair Store.
    It strikes me as more likely that Hellcat LP, the other major investor (and larger than Ackman) is the one pushing in this new direction, as they seem to be more of a short horizon VC group.
    The fact that they have between 50-75% of voting rights, whilst holding 25-50% of shares means they have the most significant control.

It will be interesting to see how they get on going forward

I think this is the investment organisation?

https://clark-group.com/our-team/

I never fully understood how ‘Share Premium’ account is utilised in valuations but it does play a large part
    Balance sheet values of many companies invested in ?

Can anyone elaborate? Is it ‘goodwill’ in another form ?