closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Bremont - what have they done?

Hybrid View

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    I know you worked there, but.....
    The hardening process is not the DLC process. The hardening can happen without the colouring.
    The top bezel of my Alt1_P is definitely hardened, it is way tougher than "normal steel". The MB series was sold with "hardened case" and as the barrel is aluminium, only the front (and caseback?) can be hardened. I was sure the same hardening was also used for the S500.
    At least originally, which had all of the "toughness tech" like the movement suspension, that the MB was designed with.
    I know, I was just pointing out that the S500 was not treated. It definitely was not treated, except for the crown protector.
    The tech specs on the website also confirm that the top bezel was never treated, and the case backs were not treated for any model since I worked there.

Quote Originally Posted by MrBanks View Post
    ... The tech specs on the website also confirm that the top bezel was never treated ...

Seems a characteristically irrational bit of decision-making to leave the most vulnerable part of the entire watch untreated - e.g. it's the only hardened part of Sinn U-series divers unless you pay the extra for the hardened case.

Can a merger be far behind:

Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    Seems a characteristically irrational bit of decision-making to leave the most vulnerable part of the entire watch untreated - e.g. it's the only hardened part of Sinn U-series divers unless you pay the extra for the hardened case.
    Yes. Totally mad. Not sure MrB has that 100% right. I can't see why the bezel and lugs on my Alt1 would be hardened (as well as the barrel), and nothing of the front half of the case on SM500.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    Yes. Totally mad. Not sure MrB has that 100% right. I can't see why the bezel and lugs on my Alt1 would be hardened (as well as the barrel), and nothing of the front half of the case on SM500.
    If I start telling people on here I'll get accused of being a bitter and disgruntled ex employee so I can't be bothered. You can look into it yourself if you want you don't need to believe me but it's all very evident.
    Last edited by MrBanks; 3rd May 2024 at 21:04.

Master
    As an aside , how many on here have seen more than one Bremont in the wild. Ill start , in serious watch watching since 2010 I havnt seen one. But then again…………I dont live in London ;). What was their genuine market penetration ?

Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post
    As an aside , how many on here have seen more than one Bremont in the wild. Ill start , in serious watch watching since 2010 I havnt seen one. But then again…………I dont live in London ;). What was their genuine market penetration ?
    I work with a few former military guys and they all sport them proudly. Generally see them quite often but I'm always looking at what others are wearing.

Sent from my SM-F946B using Tapatalk

I've never seen one in the wild, unless you count Robson Green's MB that he wears when on the tele?

I know a lot of watch freaks and none of them (including me) have ever owned a Bremont.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Being ex-military, I've seen a few on colleagues wrists and all of them Squadron watches. They did nothing for me...the design usually incorporated a silhouette of the aircraft and an extra numeral added next to an hour marker to either make the Squadron number or the aircraft ID.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    Being ex-military, I've seen a few on colleagues wrists and all of them Squadron watches. They did nothing for me...the design usually incorporated a silhouette of the aircraft and an extra numeral added next to an hour marker to either make the Squadron number or the aircraft ID.
    Something akin to mine…. 🤣😬

I hate the new logo, no idea what they are thinking! I do rather like the one I have, and having helped design it I will never get rid. A few others older models appeal to me but I wouldn’t probably buy another.