Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
Just seen this thread.

Thanks Paul.

Unfortunately I can`t help, I'm unable to get the replacement crown and pendant tube at sensible prices thesedays. I do have one of each in stock but they're reserved for my own watch should it ever develop a problem. Pendant tube is part no. 090ST1232, crown is 069ST42147.

Prior to the parts supply restrictions I swapped several of these and bought the special tool for unscrewing the pendant tube from the case. This isn`t as easy as it sounds, the pendant tube is cemented in place with a strong type of Loctite which requires heat to soften, before applying heat to the case I always stripped the whole thing down (movement out, bezel off, glass out) so the job was quite involved.

As far as I know, the smaller SMP always has a press-fitted pendant tube which can be difficult to remove. However, I`ve come across full-size models with press-fit tubes too, I think it was the early ones (pre-2000) and later ones all have the screw-fitted tube. Some repairers will tap a thread into a push-fit case to accept the threaded version of the pendant tube, something I don't have the equipment to do correctly.

I suggest contacting Duncan Potter (Genesis) for this job, he's Omega accredited and will have access to parts. Can`t see why he wouldn't do this job as a part repair. STS may be worth contacting too.

I`ve long since stopped ripping my hair out in frustration over the restrictions on parts supply, I can`t change it, and I refuse to pay the silly money being charged for new old stock stuff on eBay. Having just turned 66 I`m now looking to spend my time doing other things, life really is too short to spend it slumped over a watch repair bench for hours on end or trawling the internet trying to source parts......been there, done that!