Now I've been a member on here for more years that I care to remember and like to think that I have some knowledge of watches, however, I now really need the input of the TZ massive to help a friend.

This good friend of mine has recently inherited a collection of old watches from his deceased Father-in-law and has brought them to me (as someone with watch knowledge) to help decide what to do with them. Despite the curiosity and a little sentimental value his idea is to sell them to raise some money for the Mother-in-law who is old and in ill health.

To me the collection mainly seems to consist of military watches of varying ages. Not my particular field of expertise but I have hankered after one or two in the past so recognise them here. I've taken some pics of some of the more interesting ones which I'll post below. But I'm told there are more yet to be seem.

How should he go about getting these valued from a trustworthy source and similarly how should he sell them? Any comments, opinions, advice very much welcomed.

The condition of most of the watches is varied most working well but with a few looking quite worse for wear....the Tudor Sub particularly. Would it be worth doing anything about this one in particular? There are a few simple boxes but no paperwork at all.

Thanks all.