Quote Originally Posted by Padders View Post
I disagree about better looking personally but both are certainly striking and elegant. The Reverso is an itch that can really only be scratched with a Reverso IMO. Regarding servicing, both are Richemont group products and serviced at the same place, while the Cartier uses an off the shelf ETA or Sellita which in theory is more friendly for an independent watchmaker to work on, if you go official both are very expensive to service so I don't see that as a massive plus for the Solo personally. A recent example of either will be covered under a 8 year warranty so servicing might be a can you can kick down the road for a few years if you can stretch to a newish one.

This is a 1990s Grand Taille Reverso Duoface next to a recent Solo Auto XL.:

Thanks all for the commentary

I imagine I would be buying a much older JLC with my budget. So I assume well out of warranty.

What are the service schedules like for these? Taking it to an independent would surely not impact price that much particularly for a 3.5k£ ish watch?

Any other suggestions of watch models welcome

Im going to look more into the Cartier - but I just like the uniqueness of the JLC lol