closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: San Martin vs Rolex

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    Is it so outrageous to get good service by pleasant people in a shop these days?
    You've obviously never tried to buy a Rolex from Goldsmiths in Chelmsford, the description was perfect

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianw View Post
    You've obviously never tried to buy a Rolex from Goldsmiths in Chelmsford, the description was perfect
    Correct, never been to Chelmsford.

As I said in my earlier post.

Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    You must be using the wrong AD if that's the way they treat you...................
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianw View Post
    I can confirm that it is indeed a perfect description of the Goldsmiths Chelmsford Rolex experience. To be fair it is not just for Rolex, they can be equally wonderful when it comes to purchasing an Omega rubber strap.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveDSSD View Post
    I can confirm that it is indeed a perfect description of the Goldsmiths Chelmsford Rolex experience. To be fair it is not just for Rolex, they can be equally wonderful when it comes to purchasing an Omega rubber strap.
    So perhaps just a shop with poor staff attitudes then.
    Maybe if people pointed it out to the management things might improve, although sometimes these attitudes are passed down the management ladder.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    If you want a Rolex, buy a Rolex and enjoy it.
    If you want a Chinese "homage", buy a homage and enjoy it.
    If you don't like Rolex or their homages, don't buy them, choose something that you do like.

The d*ck waving about it all is tedious.

Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    If you want a Rolex, buy a Rolex and enjoy it.
    If you want a Chinese "homage", buy a homage and enjoy it.
    If you don't like Rolex or their homages, don't buy them, choose something that you do like.

The d*ck waving about it all is tedious.
    Devils advocate for a moment, but isn't a Rolex, similar to say a Porsche, plausibly a wee bit of a dicky waving substitute in and of itself ?, obvs applies to no one here we're all too wise for this... Speaking more generally of the man in the street as it t'were...otherwise how to explain the Rolex advertising, sponsorship and branding, perhaps the most on point association being with Bond, Connery era of course, also there was Red Adair iirc, and other manly men I'm sure there's folks here could bring them to mind, name more than I.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    Devils advocate for a moment, but isn't a Rolex, similar to say a Porsche, plausibly a wee bit of a dicky waving substitute in and of itself ?, obvs applies to no one here we're all too wise for this... Speaking more generally of the man in the street as it t'were...otherwise how to explain the Rolex advertising, sponsorship and branding, perhaps the most on point association being with Bond, Connery era of course, also there was Red Adair iirc, and other manly men I'm sure there's folks here could bring them to mind, name more than I.
    If you're inclined to be a dicky waver, then anything and everything has the potential to be a substitute for ones penis.
    If you aren't inclined to be a dicky waver then you could wear a greubel or a journe or a rolex or a casio or a seiko or a swatch without any consideration whatsoever of where it might put you in the pecker order.
    The watch isn't the problem.

Why can't I buy them just because I like them, same goes for. cars, but that's a completely different subject

Blog Entries
    I guess people who don't have nice things might try to disparage them as just 'dicky waving' by those who do. Could it be a little bit of jealousy on the part of some perhaps?

Blog Entries
    Yep, there it is, the jealousy card, and no surprise who played it. Personally I love ‘nice’ things, I even own some, but do so without the ‘being ripped off’ feeling. Nice things have all to do with taste, not with loadsamoney.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!