timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: San Martin vs Rolex

Hybrid View

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by abraxas View Post
    He doesn't know.

Anyway, if you buy a Rolex and keep it for a while, you can always get your money back. That's free watches for life. Jake Ehrlich said that.
    I think that’s probably true.
    That and just don’t buy one if your only concern is selling it, but that goes for absolutely anything.

Master
    I've got a hunch - and I think verv might have said this somewhere - that the issue is likelier the more the watch is worn. My (very early, so out of warranty) SD43 has always been 1-2 seconds per day slow. This thread induced me to check it again and it lost 2 seconds in two days - pretty good. But it's only occasionally worn, so if the issue is something to do with wear and tear, loss of lubrication etc, you'd expect that.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom-P View Post
    I've got a hunch - and I think verv might have said this somewhere - that the issue is likelier the more the watch is worn. My (very early, so out of warranty) SD43 has always been 1-2 seconds per day slow. This thread induced me to check it again and it lost 2 seconds in two days - pretty good. But it's only occasionally worn, so if the issue is something to do with wear and tear, loss of lubrication etc, you'd expect that.
    Could always use a San Martin as a beater and keep the Rolex for best! :-).
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.