closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: San Martin vs Rolex

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    Certainly won't risk one of the new ones with the questionable movement, particularly as I'd be looking to wear it daily.

Let me know when you buy a San Martin and post some pics. In fact let me know when you actually buy a watch and post some pics.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Blog Entries
    Certainly won't risk one of the new ones with the questionable movement, particularly as I'd be looking to wear it daily.
    Wonder what you will risk then. Do let us know.

Blog Entries

San Martin vs Rolex

Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    Let me know when you buy a San Martin and post some pics. In fact let me know when you actually buy a watch and post some pics.
    Why?

- - - Updated - - -

Wonder what you will risk then. Do let us know.
    Why?

Haven’t you got a Long Vehicle to worry about?
    Last edited by Daddelvirks; 1st May 2024 at 17:45.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddelvirks View Post
    Why?

- - - Updated - - -

Why?

Haven’t you got a Long Vehicle to worry about?
    Because I wonder if some people ever buy watches, regardless of brand or price. Seems some just like to run down others choices all the time, and seldom have anything to say about their own watches. Or lack of.

And some spend most of their time bigging themselves up in the Bear Pit. I wonder who.

You what, you somehow don't believe I've got a few watches?

Master
    Spot on. As usual.
    +2, very good post.

Blog Entries
    You what, you somehow don't believe I've got a few watches?
    Oh I'm sure you have. You mention them all the time after all.

Master

I know we live in a post-truth World, and it's become normal for politicians to wilfuly misunderstand people to make some unrelated point that takes the heat off them and their party, but here... Not so much.

I'll admit I'm surprised that Casio and Seiko still make that many watches, but even if they do, it misses the point, which is that Rolex are mass-produced watches - the number bandied-about being in the two million ballpark.

I did not assert that San Martin make fashion watches, rather implying that watches are all no more than fashion items if we are being objective. San Martin happen to cater to those who like the look of upscale brands, but either can't afford or can't justify the exploitative prices. We may sneer all we want, but it's a successful business model for them and a good many other lookalikes - and SM at least take the trouble to make really good lookalikes, better than the originals in some ways...

What's significant about Rolex going down in value, is that most of The Faithful insist this doesn't happen, cannot happen. Yet even a company with profoundly vested interests in unceasing price inflation is having to acknowledge that it is... That's all. Undoubtedly a way will be found to reinflate the bubble at some point, that's as inevitable as human greed.

Very little that goes on in watch interest groups is horology, obviously, that is the topic not the activity - but for a Rolex enthusiast to suggest that any kind of cult exists around cheap copies is special pleading taken to an irony-deficient extreme. Never mind pointing out that these things lose value! I mean, who knew?! Almost all things that humans can make lose value, mostly due to wear and tear - even Rolexes can lose value on that basis: which is why all self respecting accolytes dare not actually wear them and instead must keep them in their safes with the plastic protectors still on them - until its time to cash-in their investments of course.

I notice that among the Faithful, there are always those who take personal offence that their belief system is being questioned - it's oddly as true of Rolex as it is of religions. This is Too Bad, because these things should always be questioned - dogma is dangerous, repressive, regressive stuff, and just as religion has sometimes hampered mankind's progress, so too has the tumour-like growth of the Rolex obsession in our little corner of existence toxified an entire hobby, warping it away from a geeky passion for an obsolete technology into an ugly numbers game where only one brand is seen as important, and only its stored monetary value really counting for anything even then. It's always the retort of last resort "At least my Rolex hasn't lost me any money!" - like that's all that really matters in life and in this hobby...

However much it makes arguing simple, neither me, nor anyone else who dares point-out that the emperor is in fact naked does so because we hate or envy Rolex or its owners, it's not personal - it's just the bullshit that goes with the brand, the zealotry of the more vocal owners, and the toxic effects that ripple out across everything else. Those are loathesome...

Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    Casio makes 38 million watches per year.
    Seiko makes around 5 million and 50 million movements
    Rolex is what, around a million? Two?

People who want fashion brands aren't buying San Martin watches.
    The brand is known amongst watch enthusiasts because they produce copies of Swiss brands.
    You ask anybody with their nose pressed to a watch shop window if theyve heard of San Martin and the answer will be no.
    They don't have a high street presence, they dont have an advertising strategy, they are absolutely unknown outside the nerds and the Mittys.
    You know this.

Rolex are decreasing in value, which is exactly the direction that they should be going in post bubble which was unsustainable and driven by stupidity.
    Thats what the Ch24 chart shows.
    What the Ch24 chart also shows is that the Rolex pre owned market is still over or close to RRP - no radical 50% drops the minute you walk out the showroom door, and you're showing us this like its a negative.
    Show the stats for other brands if you want to play compare and contrast.

On the "cult" front, there are people who wear Rolex every day without giving them a second thought, and there are people who spend their lives scouring the web for lookalikes and then performing in depth comparisons in an attempt to convince themselves and their cohorts that their choices are the smart ones. Or turning up on every Rolex thread to take aim at other people for wearing a brand they dont like. Come on.

I would also argue that wearing copies isn't "horology" any more than wearing knock-off Nikes makes you an athlete, and I fail to see how predictably taking an absolute bath on these copies whenever they crop up on SC as soon as the frisson of thinking that you're beating Rolex (or Doxa) at their own game is anything more than simpering halfwittery at its finest.

Honestly, if you like watches, buy a Timex or a Casio or a Russian or something vintage from Ebay, anything else is better imo.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    I know we live in a post-truth World, and it's become normal for politicians to wilfuly misunderstand people to make some unrelated point that takes the heat off them and their party, but here... Not so much.

I'll admit I'm surprised that Casio and Seiko still make that many watches, but even if they do, it misses the point, which is that Rolex are mass-produced watches - the number bandied-about being in the two million ballpark.

I did not assert that San Martin make fashion watches, rather implying that watches are all no more than fashion items if we are being objective. San Martin happen to cater to those who like the look of upscale brands, but either can't afford or can't justify the exploitative prices. We may sneer all we want, but it's a successful business model for them and a good many other lookalikes - and SM at least take the trouble to make really good lookalikes, better than the originals in some ways...

What's significant about Rolex going down in value, is that most of The Faithful insist this doesn't happen, cannot happen. Yet even a company with profoundly vested interests in unceasing price inflation is having to acknowledge that it is... That's all. Undoubtedly a way will be found to reinflate the bubble at some point, that's as inevitable as human greed.

Very little that goes on in watch interest groups is horology, obviously, that is the topic not the activity - but for a Rolex enthusiast to suggest that any kind of cult exists around cheap copies is special pleading taken to an irony-deficient extreme. Never mind pointing out that these things lose value! I mean, who knew?! Almost all things that humans can make lose value, mostly due to wear and tear - even Rolexes can lose value on that basis: which is why all self respecting accolytes dare not actually wear them and instead must keep them in their safes with the plastic protectors still on them - until its time to cash-in their investments of course.

I notice that among the Faithful, there are always those who take personal offence that their belief system is being questioned - it's oddly as true of Rolex as it is of religions. This is Too Bad, because these things should always be questioned - dogma is dangerous, repressive, regressive stuff, and just as religion has sometimes hampered mankind's progress, so too has the tumour-like growth of the Rolex obsession in our little corner of existence toxified an entire hobby, warping it away from a geeky passion for an obsolete technology into an ugly numbers game where only one brand is seen as important, and only its stored monetary value really counting for anything even then. It's always the retort of last resort "At least my Rolex hasn't lost me any money!" - like that's all that really matters in life and in this hobby...

However much it makes arguing simple, neither me, nor anyone else who dares point-out that the emperor is in fact naked does so because we hate or envy Rolex or its owners, it's not personal - it's just the bullshit that goes with the brand, the zealotry of the more vocal owners, and the toxic effects that ripple out across everything else. Those are loathesome...
    Get over yourself.

Casio makes 38 million watches per year.
    Seiko makes around 5 million and 50 million movements
    Rolex is what, around a million? Two?

People who want fashion brands aren't buying San Martin watches.
    The brand is known amongst watch enthusiasts because they produce copies of Swiss brands.
    You ask anybody with their nose pressed to a watch shop window if theyve heard of San Martin and the answer will be no.
    They don't have a high street presence, they dont have an advertising strategy, they are absolutely unknown outside the nerds and the Mittys.
    You know this.

Rolex are decreasing in value, which is exactly the direction that they should be going in post bubble which was unsustainable and driven by stupidity.
    Thats what the Ch24 chart shows.
    What the Ch24 chart also shows is that the Rolex pre owned market is still over or close to RRP - no radical 50% drops the minute you walk out the showroom door, and you're showing us this like its a negative.
    Show the stats for other brands if you want to play compare and contrast.

On the "cult" front, there are people who wear Rolex every day without giving them a second thought, and there are people who spend their lives scouring the web for lookalikes and then performing in depth comparisons in an attempt to convince themselves and their cohorts that their choices are the smart ones. Or turning up on every Rolex thread to take aim at other people for wearing a brand they dont like. Come on.

I would also argue that wearing copies isn't "horology" any more than wearing knock-off Nikes makes you an athlete, and I fail to see how predictably taking an absolute bath on these copies whenever they crop up on SC as soon as the frisson of thinking that you're beating Rolex (or Doxa) at their own game is anything more than simpering halfwittery at its finest.

Honestly, if you like watches, buy a Timex or a Casio or a Russian or something vintage from Ebay, anything else is better imo.
    In fairness, with respect V, the buying and wearing of any watch regardless of brand in and of itself isn't horology, horology being the scientific study of time...a horologist is a person or company that makes or repairs clocks or watches...The pastime under discussion is probably most honestly described as shopping and collecting. Though there are doubtless some few horologists among the TZ ranks. Likewise donning a pair of trainers, any pair, doesn't bestow athleticism despite what the billions spent on advertising may seek to suggest otherwise...sigh, if only it were that easy.
    Last edited by Passenger; 2nd May 2024 at 07:56.

Master

I completely agree with you there!

Blog Entries
    …………..
    Almost all things that humans can make lose value, mostly due to wear and tear - even Rolexes can lose value on that basis: which is why all self respecting accolytes dare not actually wear them and instead must keep them in their safes with the plastic protectors still on them - until its time to cash-in their investments of course.

……...
    Rubbish. Many people who buy Rolex wear them every day. In fact I would go so far as to say the vast majority do.
    I myself wear every watch I own, some more than others, the Rolex models more than most.
    Those keeping them in safes for a couple of years hoping to cash in most likely aren’t Rolex fans, they’re investors, attracted by the prospect of a quick buck. That’s why they moan when prices begin to fall.
    Me I don’t care, I’ll be buying the Rolexes off them if they take a bath because I like the watches.
    I’ll also probably buy some more beaters as well, like San Martins, when their owners realise no matter how much they look like a Rolex nobody cares what watch you wear in the real world.
    They see the condescending smile they get when they tell someone that their 100 quid watch is as good as a Rolex then want their money back. Thing is they’re virtually worthless because most people can afford 100 quid for a new one. Handy for gardening and workshop duties though.

I put my Day Date on this morning, when setting it i was thinking how can anyone know if its two or three seconds out, no one can tell just by looking at it, my eyes aren't even good enough to see the faint second markers on the dial, so why does it matter, i cant remember the last time i set a watch precisely, its an indication of the time, there or there abouts is good enough.

why did i put that watch on this morning? because its pretty, attractive, nice looking.................one of them

Quote Originally Posted by adrianw View Post
    I put my Day Date on this morning, when setting it i was thinking how can anyone know if its two or three seconds out, no one can tell just by looking at it, my eyes aren't even good enough to see the faint second markers on the dial, so why does it matter, i cant remember the last time i set a watch precisely, its an indication of the time, there or there abouts is good enough.

why did i put that watch on this morning? because its pretty, attractive, nice looking.................one of them
    Heck I'm with you on there or thereabouts re timekeeping, but you can't deny it's a pretty substantial FAB for the R brand, being they nearly always stick a reference to the certificate of superlative time keeping, the implication of which is presumably meritorious, smack dab on the dial there as a permanent reminder.

Much like you I wear mine cos they make me smile, look attractive, keep good enough time, cope with the days activities.

One imagines IF Rolex were to achieve investment grade status, no doubt they'd stick the credit rating somewhere on the dial too, AAA, chuckle, just a little tongue in cheek humour.

(Well bought and managed property both commercial/ industrial and residential, in the right location, will almost always rise in value, IME...just to add to the views expressed, on the point about all stuff potentially losing money.)
    Last edited by Passenger; 2nd May 2024 at 08:40.

Grand Master

Exactly this^^........Why do some get so obsessed with +/- whatever over 24 hours.
    I wear a different watch everyday,sometimes a few throughout a day!......so the 1st watch can be out and Id never even know or have a care to check.

Quote Originally Posted by P9CLY View Post
    Exactly this^^........Why do some get so obsessed with +/- whatever over 24 hours.
    I wear a different watch everyday,sometimes a few throughout a day!......so the 1st watch can be out and Id never even know or have a care to check.
    Crikey a ´´few throughout a day´´...impressive, I´m more a one and done, keep it simple.

Master

Nail on the head there.
    Think I have only ever timed 1 watch ,a seadweller which was losing time after a service.
    Doesn't interest me unless appreciably out.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Green Party spokesman Gerard Bankvole comments:

"Whilst solar, wind and tidal have previously formed the main focus for environmentally friendly power generation, recent developments in watch forum technology promise to revolutionise the sector. Any thread concerning Rolex watches, whether started in a critical or positive tone, is guaranteed to generate hot air that, if fully captured, could drive a turbine generating up to 5 megawatts of clean electricity, and in some cases much more. A recent thread "Why my Invicta Pro Diver is a better watch than the Rolex SD, and will one day be worth more" created a surge of thermal bloviation sufficient to power Barnsley for a month. Behavioural psychologists specialising in watch twat studies are currently collaborating with clean energy researchers to develop even more powerful Rolex-based s***posts. A recent experimental thread planted by undercover scientists on Watchuseek using the handle "OGRolexBro" and entitled "Jealous paupers hate my Root Beer because they will never own one" has already generated such intense heat that it is theorised it could be utilised to kickstart a nuclear fusion reactor. We live in very exciting times."

Grand Master
    Crikey a ´´few throughout a day´´...impressive, I´m more a one and done, keep it simple.
    Retired so in the house and can do that.....Get to enjoy the change quicker than daily changes.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Fullbreakfast View Post
    Green Party spokesman Gerard Bankvole comments:

"Whilst solar, wind and tidal have previously formed the main focus for environmentally friendly power generation, recent developments in watch forum technology promise to revolutionise the sector. Any thread concerning Rolex watches, whether started in a critical or positive tone, is guaranteed to generate hot air that, if fully captured, could drive a turbine generating up to 5 megawatts of clean electricity, and in some cases much more. A recent thread "Why my Invicta Pro Diver is a better watch than the Rolex SD, and will one day be worth more" created a surge of thermal bloviation sufficient to power Barnsley for a month. Behavioural psychologists specialising in watch twat studies are currently collaborating with clean energy researchers to develop even more powerful Rolex-based s***posts. A recent experimental thread planted by undercover scientists on Watchuseek using the handle "OGRolexBro" and entitled "Jealous paupers hate my Root Beer because they will never own one" has already generated such intense heat that it is theorised it could be utilised to kickstart a nuclear fusion reactor. We live in very exciting times."
    Love it.......

It is a fact San Martin make far better watches than Rolex.
    That topic could power Voyager 1 another 100 years possibly more.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries

Sorry, but you're not helping your case here.

Firstly you're reducing a vast (which you note yourself when citing production numbers) group of people to "the faithful" and making some highly entertaining statements.
    Who are these "faithful" exactly?
    I'm a fan of the brand, am I one of the "faithful" who insists that Rolex cannot lose value? Because I think if you look back on this thread, I've said exactly the opposite and noted that it's about time that the bubble burst because it was falsely inflated by stupidity.

I also like wear and enjoy other brands so do most other posters on this forum, so your narrative that Rolex fans cannot appreciate watches unless theres a crown logo on the dial is inaccurate and disappointingly puerile tbh.

There is no irony in noting that people who go to the lengths of amassing copies and homages in order to compare them to the real thing and declare that they are definitely better is cult-like behaviour.
    The definition of a cult is a small group that is not part of a larger and more accepted religion, or a relatively small group of people having religious practices or beliefs which are regarded by others as strange.
    Given that you're utterly insistent that "The Followers" of Rolex are wide spread sheeple effectively polluting horology for the "real enthusiasts" TM then Rolex must be a pretty broad church with a large congregation. Are you following?

Therefore the "My homage is just as good as.. please click and subscribe on my hundredth video extolling the virtues of the Mitty Martin" is a relatively small group exhibiting practices or beliefs which are regarded by others as strange.
    No irony there.

You can pout and complain that the retort of the Rolex owner is that "at least my Rolex hasn't lost me money" but it wasn't Rolex owners that introduced a graph to make a point, was it?
    It wasnt any of the sheep, it was you. So I would suggest that if you don't want Rolex owners to respond with commentary about value retention - don't introduce it with a barely contained semi because you've observed a drop in market prices.

This drop hasn't affected anybody who bought their watch because they wanted to wear it.

You can say its not personal if you like, but when you position yourself as someone who "simply loves watches" or "is just into horology" or however you phrased it, while consistently referring to people who have one or a few Rolex in their collection as "the followers" or cultists or those who's scales have not yet fallen from their eyes then of course its personal because your elevation as a lover of horology can only succeed in this context by diminishing others.

You're not a man questioning a belief system like some sort of savant.
    This sort of narrative isn't new which is probably why you do enjoy some success at getting people to take the bait.
    The reality is though that most of us have been on forums and into watches for a number of years and have a broad view and experience of most notable brands.
    The safe queen investor crypto Rolex Covid cash crew were never on here, and have long since departed the "watch game" so all you're doing really is attempting to sow division amongst peers.

Quote Originally Posted by P9CLY View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    Nail on the head there.
    Think I have only ever timed 1 watch ,a seadweller which was losing time after a service.
    Doesn't interest me unless appreciably out.
    A few seconds a day is fine but get into ten or twenty seconds per day and you can easily be out by a couple of minutes a week. Maybe that’s ok for most folk but my Seikos drive me crazy because I’m having to reset them so often.

Sorry, but you're not helping your case here ..... so all you're doing really is attempting to sow division amongst peers.

I'll keep it brief because this has become tedious for onlookers and is starting to get personal, which certainly hasn't been my intention, as I thought I'd explained.

All I can see here is you repeatedly ignoring every salient point raised and instead erecting straw-men by putting words in my mouth and ascribing intent to my motives that I have explicitly demurred. If you feel that has advanced your cause, then congratulations, you have achieved a very 2024 victory.

One thing's abundantly clear - the more that people angrily rant that there is no obsessive cult of Rolex fandom, the more I...

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Getting personal
    Emotional
    Repeatedly ignoring salient points
    Straw men
    Angry ranting

If projection makes you feel better and all that.

Various posters on this thread saying that superlative time keeping doesn't matter to them. Each to their own but I completely disagree. One of the glorious things about Rolex is that, in my experience, they are fantastic time keepers. I'm one of those who obsesses over timekeeping and I expect watches to perform within their stated spec. Good timekeeping is one of the reasons to spend more on a mechanical watch imo.

Anyhoo, how important or otherwise timekeeping is to the wearer is irrelevant when considering the 32xx movement issue. The fact is, if there's a problem Rolex needs to acknowledge it and be transparent. These watches are expensive and if there's an inherent design problem with the current movement it's just not acceptable for Rolex to ignore it. I can understand why used dealers are remaining silent on the issue as it will impact their business but I'd expect more watch commentators to have at least acknowledged it.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    A few seconds a day is fine but get into ten or twenty seconds per day and you can easily be out by a couple of minutes a week. Maybe that’s ok for most folk but my Seikos drive me crazy because I’m having to reset them so often.
    If others on here are like myself,then that watch running +/- whatever over the week wouldn't actually matter or be worn for a week if changed as most do,that being a daily change of watch.

Perhaps it could be if worn for the week,but even then are most of us ruled by a couple of minutes plus or minus on our watches.
    Can't really say you'd miss a bus or train, & most people get to important meetings/Interviews well before the agreed times.

100% Just the WIS on watch forums to talk about.....Hence the replies & reasons given to justify after reading this!.
    Last edited by P9CLY; 2nd May 2024 at 13:56.

Master
    Nothing wrong with Rolex - robust + reliable but with output over a million a year just doesn’t attract me any more.

Blog Entries
    Presumably ‘fanboy’ is some kind of Rolex insult. Am I asking too many questions perhaps?
    So you bought 8 in the last 4 years with the 3231 movement which you said were losing between 1-2 and 3-4 seconds?
    Did you ever mention the terrible 1-2 second and 3-4 second timekeeping on the 8 Rolex you bought in the last 4 years before? Just wondering if it's something that you only realised was happening only recently?
    Oh hi, thought you'd left us.

Was still wondering about what I asked you earlier.
    Still like to find out about the 8 Rolex Toshk bought in the last 4 years, which apparently were losing between 1-2 and 3-4 seconds. I don't remember seeing any threads about the problem or any posts mentioning it, perhaps I just missed them.

8 in the last 4 years is pretty good going for someone who called me a 'fanboy'!

PATHETIC.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Still like to find out about the 8 Rolex Toshk bought in the last 4 years, which apparently were losing between 1-2 and 3-4 seconds. I don't remember seeing any threads about the problem or any posts mentioning it, perhaps I just missed them.

8 in the last 4 years is pretty good going for someone who called me a 'fanboy'!
    The issues with the 32 cals have been discussed here - https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...ight=amplitude

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    PATHETIC.

Very weishi washy performance that is. Time to get that moved on. 😃

PATHETIC.

That's not a 32xx calibre though?? All my 31xx powered watches are well within SCOSC.

I have expressed plenty of opinion on new Rolex timekeeping. Have you by any chance been restricted from certain sub forums?

San Martin vs Rolex

Also! Oystersteel is as as soft as 32xx amplitudes
    Last edited by Toshk; 2nd May 2024 at 19:32.

I've never seen a San Martin first hand, but I do know that Gary is as much a fanboy (of SM) as Rolex fanboys are.

That said, he's far from alone in praising their high quality finish amongst the Ali brands, which they should have, being double or more the price of some competitors.

As others have said, it's a moot point. You don't cross shop Rolex and San Martin, but it is probably indicative of how good fake Rolexes are these days, which is probably worrying for those shopping for a used Rolex.

I guess the better Rolex 'homage' brands like Steinhart are going to be the ones taking a hit from San Martin, though.

If you want something that looks much like a Rolex Sub, you can buy a £60 Pagani Design. If you want the brand on your wrist, you'll never be satisfied with another brand.

M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Quote Originally Posted by beechcustom View Post
    That's not a 32xx calibre though?? All my 31xx powered watches are well within SCOSC.
    Fixed. This is why we need superlative chronometers. The swatch stuff just doesn’t cut the mustard

Don’t confuse profiteering with fanboyism.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Toshk View Post
    I have expressed plenty of opinion on new Rolex timekeeping. Have you by any chance been restricted from certain sub forums?
    Yes. The bear pit. Is that your choice of venue for watch discussion?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Toshk View Post
    Don’t confuse profiteering with fanboyism.
    Explains a lot.

You should keep a close eye on those amplitudes.

Fixed. This is why we need superlative chronometers. The swatch stuff just doesn’t cut the mustard

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Kenney View Post
    You should keep a close eye on those amplitudes.
    And buy San martins in perpetration

Is having a Timegrapher a bit like an oil pressure gauge in a car, in that you didn't have a problem until you got the gauge

Is having a Timegrapher a bit like an oil pressure gauge in a car, in that you didn't have a problem until you got the gauge
    Boredom and SC but with a 5513 service costing 1.5k it’s nice to double check it needs one first

And buy San martins in perpetration
    Chuckle not sure you meant that, amusing nonetheless.

Yowzer 1500 quid for a service now that is criminal.

Boredom and SC but with a 5513 service costing 1.5k it’s nice to double check it needs one first
    But don’t be checking them every five minutes or you will turn into one of the obsessives on the 32xx thread.

That’s why I’ve never bought one.

Every time one pops up on SC I miss it, I would be curious how bad my watches are

Yowzer 1500 quid for a service now that is criminal.
    You can buy a lot of San Martins for that!