closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Cyber truck

Hybrid View

I watched the Matt Watson review and it looks absolutely ridiculous. Probably kill or seriously maim anyone who gets run over at 20mph too - how on earth did it pass as suitable for road use?

Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    I watched the Matt Watson review and it looks absolutely ridiculous. Probably kill or seriously maim anyone who gets run over at 20mph too - how on earth did it pass as suitable for road use?
    I dunno but would guess given it's the US where any man and his dog can get their guns on, safety/ suitability is something of a relatively elastic term...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    I dunno but would guess given it's the US where any man and his dog can get their guns on, safety/ suitability is something of a relatively elastic term...
    It’s no better or worse than your average massive US pickup I’d have thought?

It’s only slight redeeming quality might be it’s active safety systems might mean you’d be less likely to hit somebody or something in the first place.

To be fair to Ford and GM though, I don’t know where the active safety systems on those ‘Super Duty’ style pick up trucks sit in comparison.

I wouldn’t want to be hit by any of them, to be fair!

Quote Originally Posted by Tooks View Post

It’s only slight redeeming quality might be it’s active safety systems might mean you’d be less likely to hit somebody or something in the first place.

To be fair to Ford and GM though, I don’t know where the active safety systems on those ‘Super Duty’ style pick up trucks sit in comparison.

Well, the stories of shoddy build quality already piling in

Sent from my Pixel 8 using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveya. View Post
    Well, the stories of shoddy build quality already piling in

Sent from my Pixel 8 using Tapatalk
    For the avoidance of doubt, whilst I’m interested in some of the technical aspects of the cyber truck, including the problems, overall I think it’s a steaming pile of sh1t3 and I wouldn’t be seen dead in one!

I don’t think it was really aimed at me or most folks on here though, indeed it won’t be on sale here or anywhere in Europe.

We can safely point and laugh I think!

For the avoidance of doubt, whilst I’m interested in some of the technical aspects of the cyber truck, including the problems, overall I think it’s a steaming pile of sh1t3 and I wouldn’t be seen dead in one!

I don’t think it was really aimed at me or most folks on here though, indeed it won’t be on sale here or anywhere in Europe.

It's a POS to my eyes also.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

I hope.

It’s an abomination, the most crass turd to ever be laid on tarmac.
    "Bite my shiny metal ass."
    - Bender Bending Rodríguez

They certainly seem to have embraced the spirit of ''Supersize me'' in the US, fast food and vehicles. I always see a lot of behemoth trucks and SUV's about when over there. Vehicle mass has been going up for decades, seems the go large idea kicked off in the GO GO 90's...It's the added weight of the EV versions though in a crash, that'll make a difference, I thought this was quite an interesting read,...the HUMMER EV ''WTF mode'' just insane...might be useful during the food riots and the zombie apocalypse though or a Sharknado,

https://arstechnica.com/cars/2023/01...r-heavier-evs/

''The poster child for excessive EVs is the GMC Hummer EV, a monster truck with a monstrous 9,063 lb (4,110 kg) curb weight. The vehicle is still powerful enough to hurl itself to 60 mph in three seconds. Appropriately, that feature is called "WTF mode." Indeed, Homendy drew attention to the gigantic Hummer in her speech.

"Its gross vehicle weight rating is a staggering 10,550 lbs. The battery pack alone weighs over 2,900 lbs—about the weight of a Honda Civic. The Ford F-150 Lightning is between 2,000 and 3,000 lbs heavier than the non-electric version... That has a significant impact on safety for all road users," Homendy continued.

The problem is one of simple physics: All else being equal, a heavier vehicle imparts more energy during a crash than a lighter one. Speed matters, too, of course—small increases become big increases in kinetic energy during a crash. But while municipalities and states set speed limits, there isn't a similar restriction on passenger vehicle curb weights.''
    Last edited by Passenger; 28th April 2024 at 12:08.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    They certainly seem to have embraced the spirit of ''Supersize me'' in the US, fast food and vehicles. I always see a lot of behemoth trucks and SUV's about when over there. Vehicle mass has been going up for decades, seems the go large idea kicked off in the GO GO 90's...It's the added weight of the EV versions though in a crash, that'll make a difference, I thought this was quite an interesting read,...the HUMMER EV ''WTF mode'' just insane...might be useful during the food riots and the zombie apocalypse though or a Sharknado,

https://arstechnica.com/cars/2023/01...r-heavier-evs/

''The poster child for excessive EVs is the GMC Hummer EV, a monster truck with a monstrous 9,063 lb (4,110 kg) curb weight. The vehicle is still powerful enough to hurl itself to 60 mph in three seconds. Appropriately, that feature is called "WTF mode." Indeed, Homendy drew attention to the gigantic Hummer in her speech.

"Its gross vehicle weight rating is a staggering 10,550 lbs. The battery pack alone weighs over 2,900 lbs—about the weight of a Honda Civic. The Ford F-150 Lightning is between 2,000 and 3,000 lbs heavier than the non-electric version... That has a significant impact on safety for all road users," Homendy continued.

The problem is one of simple physics: All else being equal, a heavier vehicle imparts more energy during a crash than a lighter one. Speed matters, too, of course—small increases become big increases in kinetic energy during a crash. But while municipalities and states set speed limits, there isn't a similar restriction on passenger vehicle curb weights.''
    I wouldn’t say a Hummer of any variant is typical for a passenger car even in the US though, and no more representative of a general car than a Lamborghini Huracán for example?

Many diesel Ford Transits are 2 to 3 tonnes, I wouldn’t want one of those to run into me either!

Before somebody comes along and quotes Gordon Murray, all cars have been getting heavier for decades, it’s probably why relatively fewer people die in them as they’re now packed with active and passive safety equipment, and construction has evolved with high strength steels etc.

It seems some folks are only concerned about the weight of a vehicle when they’re EVs. We’ve discussed this many times ‘in the other thread’, yes EVs are heavier like for like (generally 2 to 3 Passengers worth - no pun intended!), but they’re not typically 4.1 tonne Hummers either, and most weigh a lot less than the ubiquitous and popular Range Rover or VW T6 vans.

But anyway, and back on topic, the Cyber Truck is crap and shouldn’t have been designed or built.

https://x.com/TriTexan/status/1784327866445963761

Looks broken, considering how few are on the roads there are a lot going wrong.