closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Cyber truck

Hybrid View

So much wailing and gnashing of teeth over EV’s in the press of late, and so much negativity. Meanwhile I’ve been quietly driving mine on the daily 15 mile each way commute since early December, park it on the drive every night and every 2 or 3 days charge it whilst I sleep on Octopus and my daily commute is costing me £3.50 a week. It’s so easy to drive when I’m bleary eyed in the morning,
    Heats up fast and is a nice quiet place to sit. It’s just a car now, albeit quieter and cheaper to run. I genuinely don’t understand all the hate and people getting their knickers in a twist tbh. If I didn’t have a drive to charge it or had a 250 mile return commute every day I’d drive an ICE car - probably a
    Diesel with all the associated issues with mass flywheels and euro 6 this and that - but for me the EV is perfect. It’s just a car, and having spent nearly 40 years driving cars where technology has almost stood still, it’s nice that something different has come along. The world seems to be turning into a Bladerunner set and it’s kicking off everywhere. Not sure why a quiet car that runs on electricity is quite so annoying?!?

Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    Not sure why a quiet car that runs on electricity is quite so annoying?!?
    It's not the car that is annoying. (not a jibe at you BTW).
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    ...... I’ve been quietly driving mine on the daily 15 mile each way commute since early December, park it on the drive every night and every 2 or 3 days charge it whilst I sleep on Octopus and my daily commute is costing me £3.50 a week.......
    Nailed it.
    This is what EV's are all about.
    For anything else, particularly long distance, pretty much useless.

Cyber truck

Quote Originally Posted by Tifa View Post
    Nailed it.
    I partially agree - but after all that’s the sort of journey an extremely large proportion of drivers undertake 99% of the time. And probably the most polluting type of ICE driving. It’s also nice to have instant heat and performance over short distances like my commute. I’m not sure why they’re useless over long distances though? I’d certainly plan my route a little in advance, but I suspect it would be well worth the savings in fuel costs alone over say a 200 mile each way journey - the first leg very cheap, the second would require 40 mins charging. A bit of a faff, yes - but useless? - it just requires a different mindset.
    Lots of people seem to have decided against EV’s and I’ve no idea why. I find myself looking at new luxury or mid range petrol, diesel and hybrid cars and thinking why on earth did you choose that? - the only reason I’d go back is if I didn’t have a drive to charge it on, or I wanted a cheap runaround. Or I commuted to Aberdeen and back every day.
    Last edited by RobDad; 28th April 2024 at 11:45.

Master
    Nailed it.
    I guess it depends on what you’re terming long distance, and what EV you’re trying to do it in, but I use mine every week for a 400 mile round trip, albeit with an overnight before the return journey.

Several times a year I do 500+ miles in a day though, which is a 10+ hour trip in whatever car I’ve done it in.

Most of the time though it’s just a car that’s always ready to go and i use it like any car I ever have.

Cyber truck

Nailed it.
    Thanks for the heads up. I’ll have to let my brother know, he drives all over the country in his Tesla.
    Last edited by Dave+63; 29th April 2024 at 07:50.