closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Varifocal contact lenses

Hybrid View

Word is that there's a game-changer in the offing, namely spiral dioptre lenses, which promise much less of a compromise, and significantly better results for all distances and lighting conditions.

However, I've read that it'll probably be some time before the challenges of fabricating a toric version can be overcome.
    Last edited by DMC102; 29th April 2024 at 15:57.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by DMC102 View Post
    Sorry should have said - monthly.

To my knowledge, no-one makes a daily multifocal toric, and I understand that's pretty unlikely to change.
    I’ve not had monthly since I was at uni, for some reason the care regime & the fact they often roll up in my eye in places I don’t have any sanitary way of dealing with them puts me off longer wear ones.

That said, I guess they will replace any ones I mess up, to a degree! These are nightly clean & into a pot, and a weekly denature type thing? Or is it just a standard clean and solution required these days? I may be getting confused with more longer term lenses as it has been so long.

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    I tried varifocal contact lenses 15 years ago and couldn't get on with them, vision always seemed blurred, reminded me of having concussion.

If the latest ones are markedly better I might try again, contact lenses would be better for running than glasses. Fixed vision contacts are no good, can`t see the ground well enough to avoid falling when running in woods etc.
    Strange as I find the variable part of the my glasses the bits that make my footing blurry unless I put my head down. I have single vision for outdoor things where I don’t need to read. Driving particularly I want distance only, but I can get away with it currently as my reading addition is very low. Hate driving the smart in varifocals as the wingmirror is low vs driving position so all blurry unless I move my head, Porsche is better as I’m sat low and mirrors are higher relative, but still don’t like the way focus changes on eye movement vs head movement. I find it a nasty feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by DMC102 View Post
    Word is that there's a game-changer in the offing, namely spiral dioptre lenses, which promise much less of a compromise, and significantly better results for all distances and lighting conditions.

However, I've read that it'll probably be some time before the challenges of fabricating a toric version can be overcome.
    I had heard about those, but yet again us weird rugby eye shaped folk don’t get the benefits.