closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: FPV Drone kit

Master

FPV Drone kit

Anyone use one or tell me which/what to get or not? I'll almost certainly need to go second hand or cheaper route. DJI look favs and maybe v1 or v2 Headset?

Grand Master
    Avata
    RIAC

Master
    I have the DJI FPV with V2 goggles. Acquired it from a chap here which then got me hooked and I subsequently bought a more conventional model also (Mini 3 Pro).

I am not an expert pilot nor do I have huge hours with other manufacturers drones, but I think the main decision is: do I want to learn to fly FPV with a) a cheap drone that is harder to fly but cheaper to buy and fix, or b) an expensive drone that's got huge software capability to protect me during the learning phase, but more complex to fix if I crash it.

I went with the latter, and spent time with a simulator on my PC using the real controller. Its still incredibly daunting when you start to turn off software aids though. However as my time in the simulator has shown me, if I had gone down the cheap route I probably would have got frustrated and given up as the learning curve is quite steep, so I chose the right path.

DJI Avata has a slightly different use case to their FPV model, and benefits from prop protection. There's a new version out now, not sure of the performance and feature differences (I'd view that as an opportunity to get a discounted original version to be honest).

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammond View Post
    I have the DJI FPV with V2 goggles. Acquired it from a chap here which then got me hooked and I subsequently bought a more conventional model also (Mini 3 Pro).

I am not an expert pilot nor do I have huge hours with other manufacturers drones, but I think the main decision is: do I want to learn to fly FPV with a) a cheap drone that is harder to fly but cheaper to buy and fix, or b) an expensive drone that's got huge software capability to protect me during the learning phase, but more complex to fix if I crash it.

I went with the latter, and spent time with a simulator on my PC using the real controller. Its still incredibly daunting when you start to turn off software aids though. However as my time in the simulator has shown me, if I had gone down the cheap route I probably would have got frustrated and given up as the learning curve is quite steep, so I chose the right path.

DJI Avata has a slightly different use case to their FPV model, and benefits from prop protection. There's a new version out now, not sure of the performance and feature differences (I'd view that as an opportunity to get a discounted original version to be honest).
    Thanks for the informative reply:0)

I thought it would be easier than it appears to be. I'd hoped to buy a cheap DJI and get some cheap fpv goggles. Seems to be quite a narrow compatibility between hardware