closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Broadcasting mobile ring tone - is there a way?

Hybrid View

I remember those rings across a floor. But if it was similar to the environment I remember there were phones everywhere and you just had to pick up the phone and switch the line.

The other thing is that most callers of a mobile number expect the phone to be picked up quickly or hang up as a phone left to ring can be that of someone in a meeting furiously trying to get to his phone after forgetting to turn the ring off.

If the phone is on my desk and I am across the room I usually don’t have time to get to it before the 3rd ring.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    I remember those rings across a floor. But if it was similar to the environment I remember there were phones everywhere and you just had to pick up the phone and switch the line.

The other thing is that most callers of a mobile number expect the phone to be picked up quickly or hang up as a phone left to ring can be that of someone in a meeting furiously trying to get to his phone after forgetting to turn the ring off.

If the phone is on my desk and I am across the room I usually don’t have time to get to it before the 3rd ring.
    Mine doesn't ring. It plays quite a bit of the theme tune to HHGTTG. Maybe I should change it to Ian Gillan screaming his lungs off in 'Child in Time'. That could be the simple solution

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    This sounds like a 'Night Bell Call Pickup' feature which permits alternate routing of inbound calls to a Call Pickup Group so that everyone in the building can hear the alerting call and answer it from any instrument. Sometimes there were additional ringers plugged into Line Jack Units at strategic locations.
    Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH