closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Unusual Strap tech (Invicta content!)

Master

Unusual Strap tech (Invicta content!)

I've bought an Invicta! I know that will get half the forum spluttering with horror, but I've always admired their bad taste and it was cheap. I won't post a picture of it here - I know that there are many sensitive souls here, but if anyone is curious, search for Invicta 15145 and that should bring up an image. Sufficient to say its a huge (48mm) faux diver, halfway between their Rolex hommages and their more 'out there' creations.

Anyway, it comes with a conventional moulded silicone strap (24mm wide). What's unusual is that each end is secured to the lugs using TWO spring bars, rather than the usual one. It seems a bit extravagant, though I guess it has the advantage that if one bar breaks, disaster will be averted as the other will hold! It must be really awkward to slot in two spring bars correctly when installing the strap though. I've never come across this arrangement before - is it used by anyone else? Is there a clever reason for it that I'm not aware of?

The watch itself seems fine qualitywise for £80, except that the caseback proudly proclaims 'Trintnite Night Glow', but there seems to be no lume at all that I can see!

Journeyman
    I wonder if it uses 2 spring bars as a means of dealing with potential point or torque loading potentially being 2 much for a single bar?
    I mean it's 99% probably just Invicta deciding to do some crazy stuff.
    But?
    Large watch heads (particularly height wise) IMO are a PITA when it comes to getting to even sit right, let alone to resist twisting.

Master
    Height wise, its not particularly big - not thin, obviously, but not as huge as some Breitlings of the same size. Its not THAT heavy either. Again, its obviously not a lightweight, but it doesn't feel as if its weighing your arm down!

No idea about the springbars, but I'm disappointed how normal said watch is...

What we hoped for:

What we got:

Surely they should have a tacky-meter bezel?

Master
    [QUOTE=earlofsodbury;6391966]No idea about the springbars, but I'm disappointed how normal said watch is...

I carefully judge my level of tastelessness - not overly tasteful, but not gross out, merely somewhat vulgar!

Quote Originally Posted by MrGrumpy View Post
    I carefully judge my level of tastelessness - not overly tasteful, but not gross out, merely somewhat vulgar!

Not me, I secretly crave the goldy-lookin' one - I'm just worried someone will think it's the new Deepsea...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    Not me, I secretly crave the goldy-lookin' one - I'm just worried someone will think it's the new Deepsea...
    Just put a Rolex badge on it, and the fanboys will be saying how wonderful & exciting it looks!

I didn’t even know invicta made watches that restrained. Of course it’s enormous but looks less mad than some efforts from respected brands.

Just put a Rolex badge on it, and the fanboys will be saying how wonderful & exciting it looks!
    Best watch eva m8!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Harryb View Post
    I didn’t even know invicta made watches that restrained. Of course it’s enormous but looks less mad than some efforts from respected brands.
    They do quite a lot of Rolex Hommages, which are, if not understated, quite restrained. On the other hand, I came across a website called Invicta-shop or something. That was quite a retina searing experience. Invicta do a seemingly endless range of watches, most in technicolor!

They do quite a lot of Rolex Hommages, which are, if not understated, quite restrained. On the other hand, I came across a website called Invicta-shop or something. That was quite a retina searing experience. Invicta do a seemingly endless range of watches, most in technicolor!
    I'm not sure how much money someone would have to pay me to wear this one out and about, but it'd be a large sum!

Sent from my SM-A546B using Tapatalk

Master
    Personally I find their unashamed bad taste almost admirable.....not that I'd want to wear one of those particular models!