I've bought an Invicta! I know that will get half the forum spluttering with horror, but I've always admired their bad taste and it was cheap. I won't post a picture of it here - I know that there are many sensitive souls here, but if anyone is curious, search for Invicta 15145 and that should bring up an image. Sufficient to say its a huge (48mm) faux diver, halfway between their Rolex hommages and their more 'out there' creations.

Anyway, it comes with a conventional moulded silicone strap (24mm wide). What's unusual is that each end is secured to the lugs using TWO spring bars, rather than the usual one. It seems a bit extravagant, though I guess it has the advantage that if one bar breaks, disaster will be averted as the other will hold! It must be really awkward to slot in two spring bars correctly when installing the strap though. I've never come across this arrangement before - is it used by anyone else? Is there a clever reason for it that I'm not aware of?

The watch itself seems fine qualitywise for £80, except that the caseback proudly proclaims 'Trintnite Night Glow', but there seems to be no lume at all that I can see!