closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Seamaster service

Master

Seamaster service

A friend of mine has an 11/12 year old Seamaster with Cal 2500 movement. Can anybody recommend somebody who can service it for a reasonable cost.
    I suggested Brendan Hoey (Webwatchmaker), but not sure if he has access to Omega parts, or is the Cal 2500 just an ETA movement?

Check out this thread.

Best place to repair a vintage omega?
    https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.php?t=537866

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Sean Yates at Abouttime watch repair. Has done 5 of my watches, highly recommended.

Duncan at Genesis watchmaking always a very good shout too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCasper View Post
    Check out this thread.

Best place to repair a vintage omega?
    https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.php?t=537866

Also, there was a recent thread singing the praises of Century. Might be worth investigating.

Duncan at Genesis just serviced my Seamaster, £365 and Omega accredited too, can’t rate him high enough.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Grand Master
    Big difference between working on co-axial movements and the earlier ones. in my opinion a co-axial is far more likely to need replacement parts that can only be accessed by an Omega accredited repairer who can buy parts, that's a consequence of the Swatch Group policy to restrict parts supply. For this reason I won't touch cal 2500 or any other co-axials, I`ve serviced a couple and I`ve no urge to get involved with any others.

The earlier ETA 2892 based movements are fine, parts can be obtained and a non-accredited repairer can do a competent job at a competitive price.

As for servicing vintage models, it depends on the movement. I hold a good stock of new parts for cal 550, 560 and 1010/1012 models, but case parts such as crowns and crystals are getting difficult.

Frankly, anyone who choses to own a mechanical watch from any of the big brands will have to be prepared to pay a few hundred pounds to get it serviced, that's the reality thesedays, if you can`t afford it don't own the watch. Parts restriction has created this situation, folks like me have been virtually squeezed out of the game. If parts were freely available there's no reason why a watch couldn't be serviced for less than half the price being charged by the service centres and accredited repairers.

As ever, I recommend Duncan Potter at Genesis for any post 2010 Omega, I still believe strongly that one man doing the whole job is preferable compared to the Service Centre approach.

Journeyman
    Hi

Mr Potter, Genesis, serviced my Seamaster Chrono over 2 years ago? - very pleased with the whole process.

Be prepared to wait to get into the diary though!

L-K

Master
    Thanks all,

Duncan at Genesis it is then.

Thanks