Big difference between working on co-axial movements and the earlier ones. in my opinion a co-axial is far more likely to need replacement parts that can only be accessed by an Omega accredited repairer who can buy parts, that's a consequence of the Swatch Group policy to restrict parts supply. For this reason I won't touch cal 2500 or any other co-axials, I`ve serviced a couple and I`ve no urge to get involved with any others.

The earlier ETA 2892 based movements are fine, parts can be obtained and a non-accredited repairer can do a competent job at a competitive price.

As for servicing vintage models, it depends on the movement. I hold a good stock of new parts for cal 550, 560 and 1010/1012 models, but case parts such as crowns and crystals are getting difficult.

Frankly, anyone who choses to own a mechanical watch from any of the big brands will have to be prepared to pay a few hundred pounds to get it serviced, that's the reality thesedays, if you can`t afford it don't own the watch. Parts restriction has created this situation, folks like me have been virtually squeezed out of the game. If parts were freely available there's no reason why a watch couldn't be serviced for less than half the price being charged by the service centres and accredited repairers.

As ever, I recommend Duncan Potter at Genesis for any post 2010 Omega, I still believe strongly that one man doing the whole job is preferable compared to the Service Centre approach.