closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Skoda kodiaq dsg gearbox

Hybrid View

Journeyman

Skoda Forum

Hi

Suggest asking on the Skoda Forum(s) - many knowledgeable folk on there.......far better placed including so called 'Garages' who have to tow the Brand Line...just sayin'

L-K

Can't help with the wet vs dry gearbox question, but i've had 2L TDI Kodiaq the last 15 months and on a Kodiaq facebook group a bit longer than that

Firstly the 1.5, i'd test drive one if you haven't already, alot of people say it's a pretty underpowered in such a big car. Also real world MPG seems to be shockingly low, people saying low 30's, whereas I get mid 50's in my diesel

All years and engines seem to be plagued with gearbox issues, mechatronic unit failure, crops up on an almost daily basis on facebook, which results in a £1500 or so bill. General advice is do not own one without a warranty, if buying one and plan to have it past the 3 year warranty, buy the Skoda 'all-in' warranty.

Other than that, i think it's a great car

I've got a 2018 Superb 1.4

First mechatronic went at 25,000 miles (£1,600 to fix), replacement has failed at 46,000 miles. Part is now £2k plus fitting.

Quote Originally Posted by Brighty View Post
    Can't help with the wet vs dry gearbox question, but i've had 2L TDI Kodiaq the last 15 months and on a Kodiaq facebook group a bit longer than that

Firstly the 1.5, i'd test drive one if you haven't already, alot of people say it's a pretty underpowered in such a big car. Also real world MPG seems to be shockingly low, people saying low 30's, whereas I get mid 50's in my diesel

All years and engines seem to be plagued with gearbox issues, mechatronic unit failure, crops up on an almost daily basis on facebook, which results in a £1500 or so bill. General advice is do not own one without a warranty, if buying one and plan to have it past the 3 year warranty, buy the Skoda 'all-in' warranty.

Other than that, i think it's a great car
    Delicious understatement!

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk