What do people in this forum think about Bell & Ross?

I was originally drawn into it couple of years ago when it launched the square (airplane gauge) series. I think they did a good job of marketing it in highlighting its uniqueness and style. As there aren't too many square watches on the market, it was one of the obvious choices for a sporty square pilot type watch! However, I've never pulled a trigger on it as I couldn't justify its price. For that price range, it seems there are many better choices out there....

Now fast forward to 2012... one of my co-works has one of its 126 vintage models. I've to say that the watch looks really nice and well balanced in flesh. Don't know how to describe this but when you see a nice well built watch (like a Rolex for example), you just know it :!: And this is what I'm experiencing with my co-work Bell & Ross. It seems to ooze quality. It took me by surprise as I thought Bell & Ross is another marketing house trying to hang with the big boyz.

Upon a little of research, it seems that B&R commands a premium price in today's market: both new and used. It still seems expensive for brand with short history and roots. It offers no technological advancement nor innovation. Perhaps it focuses its energy in building quality watches rather than BS-ing about technology or harping on the past....

What do you think? Is this a brand destine to be great and respectable for what it's trying to do or another marketing genius that will fade overtime with no real competency?