I need some advice regarding this Technos Sky Diver 1000m that I was lucky enough to buy recently. It is in a very decent condition. The photos below were taken on the day it arrived (please forgive the flexi bracelet, it arrived on it) and show it in a worse state than it actually is.

This model is genuinely hard to find for sale and those that I have seen are changing hands for crazy money. A decent one on ebay recently sold for £1400 and many are being advertised for alot more. With the inherent value being what it is and the fact that I paid a fraction of its potential value, I feel it may be an opportune time to finally use the restorative services of Rocco @ Watchworks. The case does has alot of life left in it but I feel its design and differing finishes would really lend itself to a quality restoration. There are a several small dings here and there but no severe damage. As for the rest of the watch, the dial and hands are pretty much prefect. The bezel insert is also good, could do with a clean though. The crystal has several dings that look worse in the photos than they are. The thickness is supposedly 6mm and whilst it may be impossible to source a replacement, having one custom made is not out of the question.

So, I suppose what I really want to know is, would I be wasting my time and money having this work done? Am I desecrating its history and therefore value by restoring it?