closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: "In the spirit of the forum..." (PRS-17C content)

Threaded View

"In the spirit of the forum..." (PRS-17C content)

Good evening folks,

a repeating motif in the story of my WIS life seems to be the fact that I fail to realise how good many watches are while they are still in production.
    The revelation regularly comes to me only AFTER a certain model is discontinued, making it much more difficult to find.
    This was the case with the venerable PRS-17C - a watch I lusted after for a very long time.
    When a good example popped up on SC, I was always either too late, broke, or both at the same time.

Then a short while ago, a decent specimen appeared on ebay UK. I asked the seller whether he would be willing to ship abroad and he agreed.
    So I waited patiently until the end of the auction. With a couple seconds left on the clock I entered a bid and hoped for the best.
    And then nothing happened, because the seller failed to accept foreign bidders. Needless to say I was gutted because I had just missed another opportunity.

To deal with my bad luck, I did what any sensible man would do in that situation. I went on an internet forum and moaned about it...
    As if that helped! Except this time, it actually did. TZ's very own Backward point saw my post and told me he was the winning bidder on the PRS-17C.
    He explained that he had picked it up in case a fellow member did not get a chance to bid on it. Ian said I could have it "in the spirit of the forum" and that he did not want to make a profit on it.
    I couldn't believe how lucky I was and obviously accepted his offer. Ian despatched the Precista right away, he even went to the post office TWICE in one day, because the clerk would not let
    him ship the watch with the battery installed.

So here we are now, I am a lucky owner of a nice PRS-17C. According to the first owner it received a new movement.
    When the watch arrived, I removed a bit of dust from the inside of the crystal, cleaned the case, and lubricated the bezel.
    With a fresh battery and pressure tested she'll be good to go for many years to come.

Thanks again to Ian, for your help, and thanks to Eddie for designing such a fine chronograph.
    It's become an instant favorite of mine. I enjoy wearing and using it immensely.

Hope you enjoyed this little anecdote and thanks for reading!
    Last edited by dschaen81; 12th August 2015 at 15:48. Reason: spelling