After great anticipation, I finally got hold of a Tag Heuer Connected smart watch and I thoroughly enjoyed wearing it for a few weeks. I got some great comments and lots of interest almost daily, but guess what...

I started to miss wearing real my watches and in the last few days the Connected got no wrist time and was not missed at all.

To clarify, it was by far the best looking and performing smart watch I've tried (and I've tried most of them) but I have come to the realization that a smart watch can never replace my real watches. I really thought the Connected would be the one to convince me to reduce my real watches to special occasion only, but I found myself pining after my mechanical watches at work and at the weekends. As far as i'm concerned the smart watch experiment has failed.

Now, I still want the fitness extras and enjoy the phone notifications, so have purchased a Microsoft Smart Band 2 which I can wear along with my traditional watches and get best of both worlds.

Just thought I would share in case anyone is thinking of moving to the dark side :-)